Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poor Throttle Response/Low End Bogging
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
aspen
Let me explain, I've got a 1994 GT.

I've swapped the stock airbox out for half of a CAI - so effectively an SRI. However this cropped up before then.
I have very poor throttle response below probably 3 or 4,000 RPM. The car just bogs down and I have to put the pedal-to-the-metal to get it to really go anywhere. You could say it's a bit jerky below 3 or 4. It wasn't always this way.

I've had the Celica for 4 years, and she's got 204,000 miles on her. What I'm most curious about though is if this could be related to vacuum lines(I believe how the Fuel Injection is done, right?), or something else? The airway and throttle body looks clean...

Thoughts? Thanks!
CELL_PROTOTYPE_X
When was your last tune up? I might start by getting one if its been awhile.
SwissFerdi
You could try resetting your air/fuel ratio. Doing so is especially recommended when altering any variable in exhaust or intake flow.

http://www.6gc.net/howto/reset_your_air_fuel_ratio
rave2n
She sounds hungry for fuel
ILoveMySilly97
What SwissFerdi said is probably the best thing to do first before spending money replacing and cleaning. Lol.
rave2n
Yea, but it usually doesn't yield impressive results for an issue such as yours.

Check your 3. Air, fuel, spark
Syaoran
I'm getting something similar. Mine is that the car, even when warm, will have this delay if I step on the gas hard and quickly let go, it will stutter and then accelerate. I've only changed the spark plugs since I've had the car. The car doesn't even warm up to temp right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.