Hey everything. I just recently tackled trying to remove the transmission off my 94 ST, 7AFE.

I got everything off and out of the way. All the wiring, shift linkage, bolts that keep it on motor, middle center bracket under the trans, etc..ever all the mounts. The trans will come off the engine side a few inches where i can see the flywheel and inside a tad bit, but for some reason why I try to yank it off the engine, it seems like the center shaft does not wanna release itself off the motor. IDK Why! I had it in reverse before i took shift linkage off and I thought that could be it, but i messed with the shift linkage and it "unlatched" itself.

The only thing I didn't do is, both axle shaft ends (where it connects into trans) on both sides, are still in the transmission. I pulled the boot with the shaft off of the end of the axle inside trans. Passenger side* and the drivers side, boot was ripped, so it come out.

I don't know if they are the reason why the trans won't come out? I can pull and yank...it still won't release itself off the side of motor. Even tho it has play a few inches. Is the center pline of the trans lodged in and i need to do something to release it?

Is the drive shaft's absolutely needed to be pulled out for it to come out? If so, how? Just a pry bar and force?

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks guys!!