Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stright pipe or hotdog and why
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
sxrboy
i have a cannon on the end off my celica sx-r but i thinking to remove the middle silencer but should i put a straght pipe or a hotdog , and why , also what dose a hotdog do ,how loud would it be with ether off them on and the 5inch cannon
95CelicaST
I choose hotdog. They're tasty.
SwissFerdi
Raw onions. Better be a proper bun too...
jordisonjr
What the hell is a hotdog? (Besides the obvious, food.)
kurt95gt
^^^what he said
SupraKid

njccmd2002
RabidTRD
I think the hotdog would smell bad as it got cooked by the fart howitzer... no? Or maybe it would shoot out. That would be cool!

This thing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxwIcOjvMo8

Looks like what we call a Glasspack... or fart howitzer... or Honda.

See? Honda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d74RMJn2BNc...feature=related
delusionz
hahaha, a hotdog is a resonator to aussies ... lol

RabidTRD
Oh... because it's red... *facepalm*
95CelicaST
QUOTE (delusionz @ Apr 4, 2012 - 3:47 PM) *
hahaha, a hotdog is a resonator to aussies ... lol

In Amurrrrica they are a delicious food that we consume far too much of on an annual basis... Hence why the bulk of us are deemed obese. We eat anything that falls in front of us... Unless its green and a vegetable then we steer clear of it.

America F*ck Yeah
ricochet1490
I think a resonator would give you a little bit of rumble. But outside of that, no idea.
kurt95gt
My v6 with a 2.5 "hotdog" an a 2.5 fart can an it louder than my 5s with just a fart can an a full 2.5 exhaust
trdproven
its louder without a resonator, by how much it depends when you try it. will you like it who knows. some people have loud exhausts that they even put 2 resonators.
sillica
I took that **** out and my car was so farty and loud it wasnt a nice sound so i put the resonator back in
Neon90424
i have a 26" hotdog waiting to be put in my car
Micky_lovescelica_noise
QUOTE (sxrboy @ Mar 28, 2012 - 4:07 AM) *
i have a cannon on the end off my celica sx-r but i thinking to remove the middle silencer but should i put a straght pipe or a hotdog , and why , also what dose a hotdog do ,how loud would it be with ether off them on and the 5inch cannon

1. I'll assume the mellon-shooter / 5inch cannon is the muffler you are using and not a 5inch diameter from the header back?

2. One thing about exhaust systems is that it works as a complete package, also the camshafts and a number of other parameters and aspects
need to be taken into consideration. Back pressure is very important, and what is desirible for a forced induction is not pragmatic for NA applications.

3. I would prefer you use a high flow cat, at least you would be more with in the letter of the law. Most circuits, speedways, and so on have sound regulations
and most professional series require all entires to be catalytic converter of some type. With all of that said a professionally made system with high flow cyatalist
will produce the same power as a unit without small loss maybe. You in the seat of your pants would't notice it.

4. All in All, here is what I recommend if you do not wish to use a catalist. Simply where the catalist is located, use a pipe that runs back to the muffler with the associated bends for clearences and diameter of the inlet of the mufflers diameter.

Good luck,
Mick -
BonzaiCelica
what are good brand's glasspack(hotdog style) resonator. I notice that most are stainless steel. I thought it was difficult to weld mild steel piping(which is what most local exhaust shops have) to a stainless steel resonator. I purchased a cheap resonator from the exhaust shop and it lasted me 6 months. dont want to make the same mistake again!!!

suggestions....
trdproven
You can weld the two together. A proven choice to do this is use a Magna 303 rod, thats a good choice by welders but not the only way. im sure there are other ways because it depends on the grades of steel.
kurt95gt
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Apr 17, 2012 - 1:17 AM) *
what are good brand's glasspack(hotdog style) resonator. I notice that most are stainless steel. I thought it was difficult to weld mild steel piping(which is what most local exhaust shops have) to a stainless steel resonator. I purchased a cheap resonator from the exhaust shop and it lasted me 6 months. dont want to make the same mistake again!!!

suggestions....

Ive always had good luck with cherry bombs. They hold up good an there only 25-30 bucks
Depending on where you go

The pair i took off my old nova were on the car for 6+ years an they were still in good shape
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.