Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: compressor bypass pulley?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
match220
Have you guys ever found a compressor bypass pulley for the 5sfe or 3sgte? I know either one will fit. Most of them are so similar I'm surprise they don't make a universal one. I've looked all over for one.
kurt95gt
Just buy a smaller belt

Thats what i done on my 1mz
azian_advanced
3SGTE, No A/C No Problem
match220
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Mar 28, 2012 - 9:16 PM) *

oh cool, I'll do that then. I'm glad that can be done, I know it doesn't work on all cars depending on how tension is applied to the belt. I'll measure and get a smaller one.
match220
I actually got everything to bolt in. My alternator is larger because it's a 4th gen 3s one, and I put on a 4th gen 3s compressor. I just modified the manual adjustor for the 5sfe so I can bolt it into the 3rd gen 3s and 4th gen alt. Since I'm assembling an engine that was parted out I come across some road blocks, I actually was putting the thermostat housing on backwards and it bumped the compressor. When I pulled everything out yesterday and went to bolt it in everything went in smoothly when I flipped it over..lol. So I can use the compressor, and I don't have to find a smaller belt. Since I'm almost done with this build I'm probably going to start a "build progress" thread over in "projects". I need to take some pictures though, all I have is videos right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.