Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what would you own if you didnt have your celica?
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3
kurt95gt
Ok i figured since everyone here is car nuts just like me
An since im sure im not the only one thats had 30+ cars lol

If you didnt have your celica what would you have bought instead?
An i mean what you really would have bought. Not oh id drive a lambo or a viper everyday lol

Ok on to thr awnser
I probably would of went with 1of3 car
An early 90s miata,s13 240sx or rx7

Mainly that what i was looking for rwd when i found the celica on Craigslist
i wouldnt trade my celica for any of them but i was really wanting a miata( witch my wife still thinks is funny)
Because it was small sporty had desent aftermarket support.
I had a 240sx once before an knew i would like it with some work
An im still in love with the sound of a rotary motor an the look of he old fc3s lol

So thats my list an why i was wanting them what about everyone else
96bluevert
Porche 911 GT2 biggrin.gif

...... You only said no "lambo"

kurt95gt
QUOTE (96bluevert @ Mar 29, 2012 - 4:26 PM) *
Porche 911 GT2 biggrin.gif

...... You only said no "lambo"

Ahhh you got me there
smkr3w
Audi A4 B6 Quattro, Sedan or Wagon biggrin.gif..... eventually
jordisonjr
6TH Gen GT FOUR (Maybe Soon)
Or an 07 Is250.
SwissFerdi
Miata. Or a Mk4 GLI if I have to stay FWD.
kurt95gt
The celica will probably be the last fwd ill own thats not a family car
BonzaiCelica
a 300whp IS300
d3ath2009
well considering i bought my celica off my mom and the two cars she was looking at b4 she bought it were the celica and a prelude (both wouldve been bought new in '97).. i'd have to say i wouldve ended up with a prelude
Box
Realistically... Either a Civic, Integra, or Firebird. Those were the other cars I was considering at the time.
kurt95gt
QUOTE (Box @ Mar 29, 2012 - 5:55 PM) *
Realistically... Either a Civic, Integra, or Firebird. Those were the other cars I was considering at the time.

Lol ive owned all those
They all sucked biggrin.gif
richee3
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Mar 29, 2012 - 5:26 PM) *
a 300whp IS300

Lol you and me both. I'll trade you the IS for the BEAMS laugh.gif

I was pretty determined to end up in a Celica. They always have been my favorite entry level sports coupe. If I didn't get a 6th gen, it was going to be a 7th gen. I've toyed with the idea of an RSX and I've nearly had 3 different Miatas handed to me but the 6gc is by far my favorite.
SupraKid
Probably would have gotten into bimmers or 240s..... Thank god for my father owning a toyota.
Box
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Mar 29, 2012 - 6:14 PM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Mar 29, 2012 - 5:55 PM) *

Lol ive owned all those
They all sucked biggrin.gif

My parents had a last gen Firebird and Trans Am. They were nice cars. Especially the T/A. The Celica was my uncle's, who's an ASE master technician for Toyota, so was able to get for a good price and everything had been replaced already. Can't beat that. tongue.gif
Soulend
I got my Celica from my dad, which he bought in 99' after his Carolla wagon (actually a really awesome car) got rear ended. My dad fell in love with Toyota's after that wagon (still an old Chevy man though) he went for another Toyota, probably would have been an MR2 if not for the celica.

Kevin
Tigawoods
car
kurt95gt
Kinda funny to see how a couple of the same cars have already been mentioned
But for thevmostvpart every carmentioned are good cars in there own right but just dont feel as good as the celica does to any of us
senick
Realistically: MR2, CRX

Unrealistically: Supra TT, Carrera GT
Box
You never see the Celica around here, it's nice. Yep, I'll keep the Celica for as long as I can. Very nice looking cars, very unique. MR2 or Supra would be nice. But MR2 is a b**** and a half to work on, and Supra's are expensive unless you go MKIII or earlier. AE86 Corolla or 1GC or 3GC liftback would be nice to have.
jordisonjr
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Mar 29, 2012 - 6:26 PM) *
a 300whp IS300

If only they made them in a manual frown.gif
richee3
QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Mar 29, 2012 - 9:51 PM) *

They did, starting in '02. The auto is a much stronger trans though.
azian_advanced
If I didn't have a celica, I would have finished school a long time ago and own a faster car. biggrin.gif But as I'm a Toyota purist at heart, I would have had a SW20 MR2 Turbo, MR2 Spyder (2ZZ/6spd/hardtop), 1st gen IS300 MT, or RHD JZA80 Supra TT 6spd. But then again, I probably would have bought an STI for the AWD in the winter.
azian_advanced
QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 29, 2012 - 9:55 PM) *

I'm driving my dad's until i get my next car. These manual IS300's are extremely hard to find around here but they are such great cars. If I can find another one for the same price for myself, I'd buy one in an instant!
jordisonjr
QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 29, 2012 - 9:55 PM) *

Ahh right sorry, I was confused with the IS350's
mak5603
QUOTE (smkr3w @ Mar 29, 2012 - 2:16 PM) *
Audi A4 B6 Quattro, Sedan or Wagon biggrin.gif..... eventually

They're nice cars man. Ill sell you mine.. But not gonna lie, loooooootts of CEL's on these beasts..

Im buying my Dad's 2006 BMW 330i (E90) with Dinan stage 1 kit, 6 speed, so that's my choice.

Also want to eventually sell or trade my st165 for an s14 240sx and throw a 1 or 2jz in it.

Meanwhile continuing to work on the full st205 conversion -RHD on my 6gc. (Gotta have my snowboarding car!)
Box
If we're talking realistic dream cars, a C5 Z06 would do it for me. As much as I love the tuner cars(75% of my cars have been), my heart lies with American muscle. If I start saving now and with them getting cheaper, should have one in no time. tongue.gif If I do it within 20 years I can live my dreams and not have it called a mid-life crisis. laugh.gif
kurt95gt
Wow you guys are startin to make me feel like a cheap a$$ lol
cuz the most exspensive car ive thought about buying is a wrx an i dont mean a new one eather

But if i was going for something alittle pricy id probably go with a new skyline or new mustang gt
witch is sad to admit since im more of a chevy guy
Box
The WRX coupe would be fun to have, but they're so hard to find.
808celica
x8 Cressida, Hachi coupe, 76 RA24 or RA29(already own an RA24 but I want another), or a SC300 Soarer conversion were all possibilities if they were available within price range.

I will get another RA24 no matter what that's for sure.
malpaso
Mitsubishi EVO or Eclipse. Another option was Nissan (any "Z" is fine enough smile.gif)
dustin15brown
350z! Wait...... hahahaha
Tigawoods
1969 Datsun 240z
or
1969 Datsun 1600 Roadster
d3ath2009
hell one non-tuner dream car would have to be a '67 Chevelle SS with pro-charged 454
Box
QUOTE (d3ath2009 @ Mar 30, 2012 - 7:20 AM) *
hell one non-tuner dream car would have to be a '67 Chevelle SS with pro-charged 454

thumbsup.gif If we're talking big dreams I'd take a 1970 Corvette with a supercharged 632. Could you just imagine the rumble out of that beast. biggrin.gif Since that covers my wildest fantasies of American Muscle guess it's only fair to post my tuner one too. MKIV Supra TT with a 6 speed. Not sure what's feasible with them in the realm of power, since I haven't looked, but would have as much power as possible while still being a feasible daily driver car. Always have wanted one.
richee3
^^ You need to go have a look right now at what's feasible out of a mkIV. I promise you'll want one much, much more than you already do.
d3ath2009
QUOTE (Box @ Mar 30, 2012 - 12:00 PM) *
thumbsup.gif If we're talking big dreams I'd take a 1970 Corvette with a supercharged 632. Could you just imagine the rumble out of that beast. biggrin.gif Since that covers my wildest fantasies of American Muscle guess it's only fair to post my tuner one too. MKIV Supra TT with a 6 speed. Not sure what's feasible with them in the realm of power, since I haven't looked, but would have as much power as possible while still being a feasible daily driver car. Always have wanted one.

here's what an mkIV is capable of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmNy-ajRV0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgOH-QlxfRc...l1592l21j1l22l0.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37OOW8BImg
Box
I've heard you can get 1,000+ hp out of the MKIV. Never looked into hard data though to verify. I absolutely love the MKIV, the way the dash is set up, with that driver oriented set up is just the best. Of course the overall looks, power, and performance too. That and it's a Toyota. One of my favourite things of the 6GC is the driver oriented console, just not as radically done as the MKIV. If I had the money I'd have a very hard choice to make. About to leave for the weekend now, but once I'm back with pc access I'll delve into the MKIV possibilities.
jordisonjr
^ I just saw a pic the other day of an MKIV, 2jz with 1300hp
ILoveMySilly97
Before I got my Celica I was thinking about getting a 98 Honda Prelude SH. These cars are 2.2 litre with V-TEC that hits 190hp base stock. Some says 200hp but I think it's more 190hp. It has a lot of power for a lil 2.2 litre engine! biggrin.gif
njccmd2002
realistically, i would love to have a MKI Mr2

but know, im itching for an FRS and considering trading the FJ cruiser for one...
kurt95gt
Id rather have the fj lol

Im waiting to see the new frs
i might "trade in" the coupe so i can test drive one lol
mak5603
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 30, 2012 - 2:34 PM) *
but know, im itching for an FRS and considering trading the FJ cruiser for one...

Lol.............. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seriously....?!?! Wasn't but 3 or 4 months ago you were clowning on every aspect of the FRS's existence. I was practically begging you to appreciate it. And they haven't changed it one bit since we had that argument. rolleyes.gif

Guess your taste for cars changed?

njccmd2002
QUOTE (mak5603 @ Mar 30, 2012 - 4:53 PM) *
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 30, 2012 - 2:34 PM) *

Lol.............. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seriously....?!?! Wasn't but 3 or 4 months ago you were clowning on every aspect of the FRS's existence. I was practically begging you to appreciate it. And they haven't changed it one bit since we had that argument. rolleyes.gif

Guess your taste for cars changed?

taste the same, i was giving you a hard time, remember you told me not to act childish.

I dont like some thing,s but those things may be swapped by BRZ parts..

or import ft86 parts.

definetely no wing...

Buying the fj, was probably good at the time, but now... oh well, i dont off road, so whats the point...
kurt95gt
All i know now is norberto has all the yotas i want an is looking to get the rest lol
Lil-Joe101
98' Civic Si Hatch "YELLOW" pure sex

epocsirhc
^ 98 civic with a 99-00 front end, the Si wasn't offered until 99-00 and only as a coupe...

I want something pre-smog either a Datsun 510/240Z or Porsche 911/912. If only I could sell some of my Honda's rolleyes.gif
kurt95gt
That hatch looks great
i wanted to do a 99-00 front on my old 4door but never got atound to it
Lil-Joe101
QUOTE (epocsirhc @ Mar 31, 2012 - 3:52 PM) *
^ 98 civic with a 99-00 front end, the Si wasn't offered until 99-00 and only as a coupe...

I want something pre-smog either a Datsun 510/240Z or Porsche 911/912. If only I could sell some of my Honda's rolleyes.gif

Show's how much I know about Hondas biggrin.gif Toyota All Day Baby
Zimluura
before my celica
realistic: c5 corvette or mk4 supra
unrealistic: ferrari 360 or mclaren f1

after my celica
realistic: 6gc or audi tt awd v6
unrealistic (hopfully not for too much longer): 6gc w/awd conversion and 2gr-fe

so, um, now might be a good time to mention that i've been fully converted. will pick the st205 over the bugattii 100% of the time in forza.
kurt95gt
Same here lol i own about 90% of the yotas on the game lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.