Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boggs out then ok?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
brypoint
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I took my 94 ST to power wash the engine compartment as I have done in the past. I keep the engine running while doing this as I've heard it keeps you from cracking the block (not sure how true this is). Anyways when I drove home from the carwash it was bogging while hitting the gas and then it would sorta pop back into regular mode after say 3k rpm. I thought maybe I got a little water in the intake as it was high pressure water. I let it sit and drove it the next day and it seemed alot better.

Well today I took it out on the highway for around 30 miles one way it was working fine but when I got off the highway the bogging started up again and lasted the whole way home. I checked for any vacuum lines that may of popped off and inspected spark plug wires and such all seemd good and tight. I looked at the oil just to be sure their wan't water in there and it was nice and clean, I also checked in the airbox and that was all dry too.

I'm baffled, anyone have any ideas what I should look for or what else I can check? I'm going to pull all the spark plug wires and plugs, and inspect the distributer cap for water but other then that I dunno.....

Update: I reset the ECU as per this forums and no change....Also the check engine light isn't on.
Box
Something with the fuel system perhaps?
brypoint
Yup im retarded, got water in the Plugs. Fixed it quick though lol.
Box
Well, at least it was an easy fix. Also, steam tends to work better at removing grime. If anywhere local has a steamer, should use it instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.