http://www.flickr.com/photos/brypoint/6886494044/

Ok if the link works you can see the red arrow pointing to a rubber thing. What I thought was a bumber of sorts incase of bottoming out. When I got the new axle this was not on it. So I skipped it and installed any way. Since then I have replaced the front ball joints, mcpherson struts, axles, brake pads and replaced the passenger side spindle as the bearing had some play. All in the quest to find a friggin sound that still exists. Could this rubber thing be some sort of vibration dampner or inertia system?

The sound is really hard to describe but it seems to happen during clutch release and engage and it's on the right side of my 94 ST. It's sorta like a sound like their is play from the axle and the spindle, like the axle has to move to catch the splines in the spindle? It is more defined in reverse too. This is the only way I can describe it...

The whole thing is good and tight, with all the new parts I installed. But this sound is driving me insane. I also want to add it seems to come from the wheel or strut area, but I can only assume it something in the clutch department as all wheel parts are new.

The car has 120k miles and is in awesome condition. Could it be the clutch system breaking down? It still seems plenty strong to me with no slipping or anything. Altough the pedal is a bit high to engage. Lemme know what you guys think I should do to try to narrow it down, as I already dumped more money at this one problem then I needed too.

Update: Ok I just parked on a hill and rolled myself backward hitting the break at intervalls. It seems to me now that noise has something to do with the right side suspension. It sounds like a loose mount somewhere. The strange thing is when the car is jacked up and I push the wheel around everyting is tight as can be? Maybe it's a bad bushing or control arm mount? Are the lower A arms known to go bad on these cars?