Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FUEL LINES
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
mkernz22
I've been looking all over the internet for OEM fuel lines. That includes everything running from the front of the car to the gas tank, for both sending and return lines. If you can help me out, I would really appreciate it.
enderswift
save yourself the time and money it would take to find oem lines, and just bend your own. Its really easy with a good bender and you can make them just like oem
mkernz22
That's very true. I'm doing that with the brake lines, but I wasn't so sure about one of the fuel lines since I believe there is a weird connection near the gas tank. It's flanged with a nut on one side, and then threaded on the other. I have to look into that section a bit more, but it's the only thing that worries me. I'm dropping over $600 in parts this summer to redo almost all of the rear end components; sway bar bushings, brake lines, fuel lines, repainting the gas tank, redoing all the odds and ends on the gas tank except the fuel pump and receiver, gas tank straps, and I could go on, but I think you get the point haha
enderswift
just a suggestion. You can always find an adapter for whatever you would need. Worst case you could use a compression fitting and reuse the old fitting
czwalga
You're never going to find them like that. They are like 8 feet long in awkward shapes.
mkernz22
QUOTE (czwalga @ Apr 5, 2012 - 5:11 PM) *
You're never going to find them like that. They are like 8 feet long in awkward shapes.

You mean the oem ones? Cause I really don't want to bend the fuel lines myself, but if I have to, then so be it.
zfjohnson07
go to toyota, i replaced my fuel line a couple months ago, actually was very very very easy installation!
czwalga
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Apr 5, 2012 - 5:26 PM) *
QUOTE (czwalga @ Apr 5, 2012 - 5:11 PM) *

You mean the oem ones? Cause I really don't want to bend the fuel lines myself, but if I have to, then so be it.

Unless you get them at the dealer I doubt you find a company that would ship them. To ship them would require bending them.
mkernz22
I was originally going to get them from the dealer, but I feel like they would be really expensive.
I might just get braided fuel lines and run them from front to back. They can't really corrode over time, well at least it would take a lot longer
zfjohnson07
I got the fuel line that sends it from the fuel pump to fuel filter for bout $50, so you can assume that its probably gonna be about 200 + tax
mkernz22
I might just get SS braided ones then because it will come out to be around the same price.

This is how they look in the rear of the car, and you can see part of my patch job on the brake line with the clutch line.
The weird colored stuff is just a layer of undercoating and then I hit all the lines again with a rubberized one.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.