Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DZracer978
Hi guys,
I'm new to engine Mods. Im trying to swap out my engine, which is a 7AFE engine AUTO to an 3SGE engine AUTO or 3stge Engine. Im sure about the bugs i'm be getting. Does the 3SGE Engine has an all wheel drive, and can a RHD 6c be converted to a LHD easily? Thanks
95CelicaST
Welcome.

The 3S-GE was never offered with AWD.
The 3S-GTE only came in Celicas with AWD.

Converting to LHD will require a firewall from a LHD Celica, along with all of the components that bolt on either side of it. Dash, pedals, HVAC, etc.

Basically you need the front half of a LHD Celica
DZracer978
Thanks
I own an LHD 6gc, I could swap it with an 3S-GE with no problems then. But will I need the back half?
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Apr 6, 2012 - 12:14 AM) *
Welcome.

Converting to LHD will require a firewall from a LHD Celica, along with all of the components that bolt on either side of it. Dash, pedals, HVAC, etc.

rave2n
QUOTE (DZracer978 @ Apr 6, 2012 - 4:33 AM) *
Thanks
I own an LHD 6gc, I could swap it with an 3S-GE with no problems then. But will I need the back half?
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Apr 6, 2012 - 12:14 AM) *
Welcome.

You'd only need the back for a AWD conversion, which really you don't need that back half when you can get the rear subframe/shaft etc etc and weld it up. Few have done it here, give the forum a search with the keywords of what you are trying to accomplish in its respective section. Tends to yield moderate to well results.
Smaay
first of all you said you want to stay Auto, so AWD is out of the question.
DZracer978
so, basicly i could just get the front half and swap out my old engine to a 3SGE engine? But one though, I live in Massachustte, would there be an inspection issue?
hatchy_gt-s
Your main issue is the engine mounts are diff from a 7A to a 3S so you have 2 reweld the engine mount.
As long as you have all the proper exhaust pieces that are required by the state its fine.(pressure2 is a great person 2 talk 2 as he lives in the same state)

IMO I would just do a 4AGE 20v swap or turbo your 7A, both have been done by people on this site, and can help you with any questions you have.

I dont know how experienced you are with custom fab work, but I would suggest keeping away from any attempt to AWD a 6g that isnt AWD.
DZracer978
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it on engine mounts and other ideas on different engine swap or turbo it.
QUOTE (hatchy_gt-s @ Apr 6, 2012 - 3:19 PM) *
Your main issue is the engine mounts are diff from a 7A to a 3S so you have 2 reweld the engine mount.
As long as you have all the proper exhaust pieces that are required by the state its fine.(pressure2 is a great person 2 talk 2 as he lives in the same state)

IMO I would just do a 4AGE 20v swap or turbo your 7A, both have been done by people on this site, and can help you with any questions you have.

I dont know how experienced you are with custom fab work, but I would suggest keeping away from any attempt to AWD a 6g that isnt AWD.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.