Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone tried the Throttle body spacer?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
199celica
i was talking to my buddy he has a ford mustang GT and he put a throttle body spacer on it he claims to feel more throttle response and more top end. Is this just a figment of his imagination or is it true and has anyone tried it on a celi?
trdproven
what will a throttle body spacer do if the diameter is the same?
Special_Edy
Think headers and straight exhaust but on your intake/induction.
You want the airflow to be smooth and fast, but most importantly you want it to carry momentum so that pressure waves force air into the cylinder. Lengthening the plenum with a TB spacers will help with this
kurt95gt
I talked to a guy that has one in his 5gc an he noticed alittle difference
He felt its a worthwhile mod
3WayStunna
QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Apr 6, 2012 - 10:20 AM) *
Think headers and straight exhaust but on your intake/induction.
You want the airflow to be smooth and fast, but most importantly you want it to carry momentum so that pressure waves force air into the cylinder. Lengthening the plenum with a TB spacers will help with this

Well said!! A friend of mine who had a 3rd gen 3sge, installed an intake plenum spacer on his engine and he claimed the same. Not so much power but way better throttle response and a bit more top end. Actually there is/was a member on here that sold them a while ago.
Special_Edy
I think they can also be beneficial by helping to insulate the TB from the heat of the intake manifold. It would help make the intake charge a little cooler and denser.
I have one on my carbureted truck, its sometimes called a phenolic(?) spacer. But I think the same principle applys for the Throttlebody as it does for a carburetor
199celica
sweet thank you guys i appreciate the feedback i may just get one after i buy some headers.
trdproven
although engineering wise it is said to work, it sounds more like a pyschological "noticeable difference". what does it add .0001 hp? I mean just saying nto sure if this makes that much of a difference to make it worth your time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.