Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel wont engage
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Celigirl
ok so maybe some of you can help, i recently replaced my fuel pump and it did great, however i was recently experiencing some winding noises coming from under my car to my knowledge it was under the seats. ok well the car started to sputter and then when i went to engage with the gas she would just die and not turn over. I went out and bought another denzo fuel pump, with the pump filter and the fuel filter, changed the spark plugs, - bought a new distributor like a month ago (the same time i bought the first fuel pump). so i started yesterday hearing the sputtering again but only from 1st to 2nd gear then she would pick up like crazy... last night i drove her to the store only 3 blocks away and she would not stay on, no matter how many time i would try to turn her over the minute i would give her a lil gas she would die...... need sugguestions please, thanks
Celigirl
maybe i should mention i have a 94 1.8, if that helps, and fyi- i flushed my fuel lines the same time i replaces the fuel pump, so there shouldnt be anything causing a bloclage in the lines. but i need help frown.gif
matts94celica
Did you get it retimed when you changed the distributior out? Might have gotten a bad fuel pump
Box
Fuel pressure regulator perhaps?
Celigirl
Thanks i will try both of thise. I went to start her a few min ago and she turned on perfect. Wth. Im not taking any chances til i do some more evaluating
richee3
So it starts and idles? But dies when you give it gas? Could be a bad fuel pump relay, though I seriously doubt it. I'd look into the fuel pressure regulator and the throttle position sensor. Where do you buy your gas? Do you have one station you prefer or just anywhere? It sounds like bad fuel to me.
808celica
was your car running before you changed out the fuel pump?? if so changing your just your fuel pump was a waste, you're sending unit is bad. for most makes and models auto parts ONLY sells the whole sending unit complete, but for most import cars just the pump can be changed. You need to get a new sending unit in order to get your gauge to work. its either that or the gauge itself is broken, but most likely not because toyota makes some hardcore gauges. give your local toyota dealer a call and see if they sell the sender as a whole or pieces can be bought seperate.
Celigirl
It started to sputter a few days ago and then i started hearing a metal whistling under my back seat. I thought at first it was an exhaust leak. Then made it to work barely. When i left work she only made it 30feet started sputtering then died. She sounded like she wanted to turn over and when she would yes she would die when i engaged the gas. So i replaced the fuel pump when we found out i was getting nothing out of the fuel pump. So i went and bought another one and she ran perfect. The next day drove it to work was fine. Drive home threw me forward when i would get low in my rpms and engage and throw me back like a damn turbo. . Later car started fine but only made it down the street and would not turn over for ****. I left her home today and retried to start her and she turned over perfect. Wtf
Special_Edy
Autozone has a fuel pressure tester kit in their loan-a-tool program. Its a $200 deposit I think, but you get it all back when you return the tool. It will help you see if the pump and regulator are operating properly. I believe the pressure regulator is vacuum operated and on the front side of the engine(on the fuel rail). You may want to check the vacuum hoses in this area.
Did you change the fuel filter?
Good luck and let us know what happens.
Celigirl
Thank you i will def let you know
deeeggoh
So what was the problem afterall? I'm having the same problem with my 94 1.8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.