Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So how do I check my CEL?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Mycurse180

I looked in the fuse panel for the place to use the jump wire but couldn't locate it.

I would just really appreciate it if someone could give me a For Dummies guide to doing this. Thank you.
Smaay
if you have a pre 96 look under the hood by the master cylinder. there is a little box that says diagnostics. open that and stick a paper clip in the hols that are Te and E1.

if you have a 96+ car you need a scan tool that you plug into the ODBII port
trdproven
just make sure you catch the blinks and pauses, also make sure you determine if there are multiple codes. let it run a couple cycles to make sure its showing the same code or not.
Mycurse180
So I can stick the paper clips in both ports at once, correct?

Then I go in and turn my ignition to "electrics on" and count the flash sequences?
trdproven
to one another so yea, you jumper the two pins. go inside and set it on, and count the blinks. 1-1-1-1-1-1 then pause 1-1-1 = code 63 shift solenoid, blah blah just an example. repeat after you get the first code just to make sure, if you get the same code twice in a row there is no multi code errors.
Special_Edy
Here is a how to article in the sticky at the top of this forum section for checking CEL codes

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55403
marco-polo
What code is 71? That's what my 94 gt is showing
richee3
The list of codes I just checked (might not be 5S specific) says code 71 is an EGR code.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.