Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about ebay exhaust kit...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
hokuten3
hey guys,
i was wondering if anyone knows if the 5SFE exhaust system setup is the same as the ST185's set up? would the angle on the piping be the same? would something like this one work on a ST204...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-2-5-TIP-MUFFL...451657662797015
njccmd2002
noope, i dont thinks so. different routing
hokuten3
okay. thanks!
Micky_lovescelica_noise
QUOTE (hokuten3 @ Apr 13, 2012 - 2:12 AM) *
hey guys,
i was wondering if anyone knows if the 5SFE exhaust system setup is the same as the ST185's set up? would the angle on the piping be the same? would something like this one work on a ST204...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-2-5-TIP-MUFFL...451657662797015

Hokuten,

The 5SFE depending on vehicle and year have some differences. However, you should be selecting parts designed specific to the 5SFE and not the 3SGTE.
This is a common mistake a lot of individuals make, and on a lot of different applications. Often this makes for an odd power-band usually more noise, and
reduced performance and poor response. If you are having a difficult time finding parts, save your money and comission a higher a firm to bespoke a exhaust
system that meets your present and potential future needs.

Good luck,
Mick -
hokuten3
hey Mick,

yea. i think i'm just going to buy the parts that i need(cat and muffler) and then just take it to an exhaust shop to have it full custom 2.5inch from header and all the way back.
Micky_lovescelica_noise
QUOTE (hokuten3 @ Apr 14, 2012 - 3:43 PM) *
hey Mick,

yea. i think i'm just going to buy the parts that i need(cat and muffler) and then just take it to an exhaust shop to have it full custom 2.5inch from header and all the way back.

( Sorry mate, I had a type-o in there. ) The last bit was rather to simply higher a firm to build / fabricate you something.

Sounds like a plan, well good luck and I hope it turns out as you invision it.

Enjoy the weekend~

smile.gif Mick -
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.