Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
NewOrleans
I understand everyone and their mothers have posted about swapping or whatever, but I was wondering waht exactly will be needed to do a swap into a ST. I am looking to doing a swap in the beginning of summer and my celi is my DailyDriver so i want her to be out of commission for as little as possible.
Some questions:
1. If the engine comes with an uncut ECU will i need to change any wiring to make everything work?
2. What extra parts would I need to just complete the swap?

I just dont want to buy a 3sgte and get in way over my head. I want to have everything lined up and waiting before i tear out the 7afe and be out of a car.
rave2n
QUOTE (NewOrleans @ Apr 15, 2012 - 1:00 AM) *
I understand everyone and their mothers have posted about swapping or whatever, but I was wondering waht exactly will be needed to do a swap into a ST. I am looking to doing a swap in the beginning of summer and my celi is my DailyDriver so i want her to be out of commission for as little as possible.
Some questions:
1. If the engine comes with an uncut ECU will i need to change any wiring to make everything work?
2. What extra parts would I need to just complete the swap?

I just dont want to buy a 3sgte and get in way over my head. I want to have everything lined up and waiting before i tear out the 7afe and be out of a car.

Buy the engine now, and begin doing maint. and more research on the swap. Its not a difficult one, but can be hurtful to the wallet.

You want to get the engine now, and do the timing belt, water pump, all major seals etc etc, no need to pull the beast out again. Also, you will need to do some disassembly to remove the harness, and if you ship it off to get done, it will take some time. So you will need to plan for this as well.

It sounds like it can be done quickly, if you have the dough, and tools yes...but its certainly not a weekend job for a beginner, myself in cluded which is why I still have mine sitting in storage.

For the ST swap

1. Mounts, need the GT mounts.
2. Need a transmission, and respective mount for such transmission. S54 or E153 - This will also determine which axles you use, hybrid or OEM GT's.
3. If you do not get the whole front cut, you will need the relay box for the IC, or create your own with a FMIC setup I believe.
4. You will need shift cables for such transmission.
5. Upgrade the rad, as the ST is thinner.
6. Downpipe attached/welded
7. Wiring - Send it off, or follow this guide. http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82196 - Though it is for a 5s with some schematics you can figure it out. Wiring is going to be one of the most important elements, the rest is mechanical simplicity.

Thats the jist of it...
NewOrleans
Yeah my plan was to get a whole clip so I can gut the st and replace it with everything I can from the clip. And with a clip id get the mounts and Trans and radiator. My dads been doing engine work on cars forever so the mechanical should be a breeze and Im good with electrical. Like I was sayin I just want to have everything lined up and rdy to go b4 I start doing work
presure2
read jeffs (defgeph) how to swap a 3sgte into a st a few times.
its in the forced induction stickys.
thats a good start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.