Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission confusion
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
freemansanarchy
I have a '94 GT that I've been working on for a couple of years, but awhile back the transmission malfunctioned and I took it to a transmission repair shop. I THOUGHT it'd be a simple fix but they had it for months and just "couldn't find the part anywhere". I've already bought a new car, but the only way I can keep this one is if I get it on the road again.
I looked it up and I guess it's a C52 transmission. I dont have the original door stickers to tell me.

The only part I need is the input shaft so:

1) Is that the right transmission?
2) Where can I find the input shaft online? (if there was one in a junkyard close to me it'd be fixed already)
3) If there's a special measurement and/or part number for the input shaft, what is it?
4) Or would I be better off buying a whole new matching transmission if all I need is the input shaft?

Thanks
trdproven
are you sure you have a GT? C52 trans are mainly for A series engines. Perhaps an ST?

Anyway those trans are not that expensive to buy if you can find one.
freemansanarchy
QUOTE (trdproven @ Apr 17, 2012 - 7:06 PM) *
are you sure you have a GT? C52 trans are mainly for A series engines. Perhaps an ST?

Anyway those trans are not that expensive to buy if you can find one.

Well, the problem is I know the car, but not the transmission.
Anyways, I'll be starting to part it out soon.
Thanks anyways.
kurt95gt
If its a gt with a 5sfe its a s54 trans
If its a st with a 7afe its a c52 trans
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.