Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock Air Intake Hose
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Special_Edy
So I have a quick question. Where on earth can I find the intake hose for the 5sfe engine? I know a lot of you will say throw a cold air intake on there but the stock airbox on any vehicle is already a cold air intake. Unless you plan on running it all the way out to the inside of the fender or infront of the radiator you are losing performance. I also would guess that the stock airbox and hose will probably supply 200-300hp just fine which is plenty for my stock 5sfe.
So anyways, when I got my 6GC my intake hose was in 3 peices with halfassed ducttape all over it, and I was unable to find a new hose for it. So I snagged a flexible ducting off a mercedes and rigged/taped it to fit. My question is this- Does anybody know where I can buy the stock air intake hose for a 94GT?

Thanks in advance
seanb
QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Apr 18, 2012 - 11:09 AM) *
So I have a quick question. Where on earth can I find the intake hose for the 5sfe engine? I know a lot of you will say throw a cold air intake on there but the stock airbox on any vehicle is already a cold air intake. Unless you plan on running it all the way out to the inside of the fender or infront of the radiator you are losing performance. I also would guess that the stock airbox and hose will probably supply 200-300hp just fine which is plenty for my stock 5sfe.
So anyways, when I got my 6GC my intake hose was in 3 peices with halfassed ducttape all over it, and I was unable to find a new hose for it. So I snagged a flexible ducting off a mercedes and rigged/taped it to fit. My question is this- Does anybody know where I can buy the stock air intake hose for a 94GT?

Thanks in advance

I'm headed to the junkyard on Friday. I could check and see if they still have one. I was there a week or two ago and there was a couple cars with the 5sfe, but I can't remember if they still had intakes. It looks like they want about $16 for an intake tube. Let me know if your interested.

Sean
Special_Edy
Hell yeah dude, Ive checked every scrap yard around here and thats one of the first things they chuck into the black hole pickup truck beds with 50,000 random hoses in them. Shoot me a pm if you find one
seanb
Will do.
kurt95gt
If he cant find one lmk i still have my old one
seanb
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Apr 19, 2012 - 5:25 PM) *
If he cant find one lmk i still have my old one

Sorry, I didn't have any luck finding a good one at the yard today.

Sean
richee3
I'm 99% positive that I have one for both a '98 GT and a '94 GT.
hatchy_gt-s
I have one in my FS page!
Main-Character88
word of advice: the one from the 5sfe on the camry won't fit our cars...i had to find out the hard way kindasad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.