Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3s-fe to Beams 3s-ge...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
MiSillyCar
Hey guys, so i have been thinking about swapping my 3sfe for a Beams motor near the end of the year. im trying to get some research into it now so im on top of things. Is it an easy conversion? or are there a few twists on the way? Ill take any advice and or tips.
Cheers smile.gif
Rusty
nice to see a HB person join. thumbsup.gif

a guy in aussie has done a BEAMS conversion on his ST204 Celica with a 5S-FE (which is pretty close to a 3S-FE)
documented here http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=78455

also a recent discussion thread about swapping a 3S-FE to a BEAMS, and whether or not it was worth doing it
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82630&hl=

MiSillyCar
Hey, Cheers mate, alot of good information for me to read.. What do you reckon? i know that the Beams has around 210hp and my little 3sfe has 128hp.. some of my mates think im wasting time and money, but im keen to work on my car and make it look mean and perform well. Cheers Grant
richee3
The Redtop is 197 hp, which doesn't sound like a huge increase over what you have now but once you feel it, you know that 200 hp is plenty for a Celica. It's a fun engine.
99gt3sge
yeah you will feel the difference, i went from a 5sfe to 3sge non beams and felt the difference. i should of gotten the redtop but the deal i got the ge for i couldn't pass it up.
MiSillyCar
Oh true, its good to hear such good feed back ae, so keen to do it asap but lack of funds at the moment is stopping me. But 200hp is plenty for the road anyway. i mean my 3sfe still makes it too 180kms, (slowly). but actually has good torque in the lower gears, so i hope the beams is the same except alot my faster top end
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.