Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DKGT4's Project
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2
DKGT4
My "new" toy. Here is the story. Since high school I have been wanting this car. First was the USDM spec however as time went on and I started getting more into these Japanese made vehicles... I got more into the JDM spec of things.

Anyways I wanted to import this vehicle so badly however at that time the GT4 was not yet 15 years of age, so I couldn't import it. While waiting there was a fight going on between importers and Transport Canada going on for the worse. The ruling that one cannot bring a vehicle over unless the vehicle was at least 25 years of age. Since I heard this, I felt that I should give up on my want to bring the GT4 over to Canada... So I bought my first 6th gen, a 1997 Celica GT 5SFE:

Had this vehicle for a while, then found out that the ruling for the 25 year importing fell out. So I imported this baby:

I was now the second owner of this GT4.. and I now obtained my dream car!!!

This is where my story begins...
kurt95gt
Man i wish we could get these in the usa i want one soo bad
Glad you were finally able to get your dream car. Now if the rest of us could get one we'd all be happy like you are lol
DKGT4
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Apr 18, 2012 - 10:58 PM) *
Glad you were finally able to get your dream car. Now if the rest of us could get one we'd all be happy like you are lol

Hey thanks Kurt... Yea I hear that the US rules for importing are a lot more "strict"
kurt95gt
Yes yrs they are an IT SUCKS!!!!!!!
oh well those thats why we got motor swaps lol
Box
Just another reason to move to Canada. thumbsup.gif Congrats on the car. More pics please! biggrin.gif
spy00005
Sweet i really think im going to try and import one once the time is up in the U.S. hell only 7 more years of waiting LOL. but seriously that's a nice looking celi, wish we could get some down here
DKGT4
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Apr 18, 2012 - 11:17 PM) *
Yes yrs they are an IT SUCKS!!!!!!!
oh well those thats why we got motor swaps lol

Yes motor swaps... That was what I was going to turn to with the 97' GT... However since the GT4 was available I couldn't pass up the opportunity! Now I have a winter car and summer car. Both 6GC's!!!

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 18, 2012 - 11:29 PM) *
Just another reason to move to Canada. thumbsup.gif Congrats on the car. More pics please! biggrin.gif

Yes good to live here for the import rules hahaha. We almost moved to the 25 year rule... That would have been just frown.gif
I will definitely post pics of my progression! Soon to come. I have some stuff coming in from Vincent_Doggy and Spree just for some teasers...

QUOTE (spy00005 @ Apr 19, 2012 - 12:55 AM) *
Sweet i really think im going to try and import one once the time is up in the U.S. hell only 7 more years of waiting LOL. but seriously that's a nice looking celi, wish we could get some down here

Soon. 7 years goes by very quickly... However when you're waiting for something...
Box
I guess we'll just have to stick to the 90-93 All-Trac for now. *sigh*
DKGT4
So these are some things that have already been done... I got a Koyo Radiator for the car and installed it as the stock one over winter (since it was parked outside) cracked... Might as well replace that right? Anyways heres a picture of the radiator along with the progression..

My brother in-law helped me put it in... Great to have a mechanic in the family!
Along with that new rotors, stainless steel brake lines and some audio stuffs and new starter/alarm. Unfortunately I had Vincent_Doggy's radiator cooling plate before however with the new radiator it didn't fit... However one upside to removing the cooling panel is that the hood stand fits again haha!

And also after install and a small wash!

The story continues!
Box
Nice!
kurt95gt
Wow you work quick
I oddly like the stock 3 spokes didnt think i would
jordisonjr
Man I want a st250.
Oh college debt. Can't wait to start working in a couple weeks to pay it off any maybe get a 205 one day.
Sigh..
DKGT4
So after driving my brakes went... Found out what was wrong with them. The install on the SS brake lines was improper and resulted in this:

Pretty unhappy...
Looked everywhere for this on the forums... Just had a set re made from my brother in-law.

Here is the replaced part!

Now I just need to bleed out the brakes!

And guess what just came in today! Thanks Vincent_Doggy!

And also this.. I just couldn't pass it up HAHA

azian_advanced
congrats on the purchase. it's nice to see more gt-fours coming into Canada.
Box
Sorry to hear about the brakes. At least nothing too bad happened. Once get that done, at least can trust your brakes now.
QUOTE (DKGT4 @ Apr 20, 2012 - 5:42 PM) *
And also this.. I just couldn't pass it up HAHA

That's just too cute. tongue.gif
DKGT4
So Was working on this for a bit of the afternoon haha.. I'm not a pro but I'd say that this looks alright...

Now onto the shift boot and e-brake boot.
6gcer
Awesome cars man. And you wash your car indoors? How cool is that.
DKGT4
QUOTE (6gcer @ Apr 20, 2012 - 8:08 PM) *
Awesome cars man. And you wash your car indoors? How cool is that.

Thanks for the comment! Indoor car washes are the bomb!
DKGT4
Okay well I got a little carried away with some minor modifying... So I had all of the items and just decided that since I was working on the covers for the center arm rest and shot and e-brake boots, I might as well add on some of the other stuff I gathered over winter. Here it is.

kurt95gt
Looks amazing thumbsup.gif
Gotta stop lookin at this thread starting to get alittle jealous of all the gt-4 goodness
delusionz
good stuff, good mods in there, that radiator will help alot
DKGT4
QUOTE (delusionz @ Apr 21, 2012 - 2:02 AM) *
good stuff, good mods in there, that radiator will help alot

Thanks delusionz! Yea I'm gonna get a colder thermostat in there as well since its gonna be a summer ride... Eventually anyways hahah
UndaGrwnD
looks great! nice mods
wolfie308
Coming on really nicely, and your next cosmetic upgrade should be with you in the next few days smile.gif

DKGT4
QUOTE (wolfie308 @ Apr 23, 2012 - 5:40 AM) *
Coming on really nicely, and your next cosmetic upgrade should be with you in the next few days smile.gif

I cant wait!!
cheela
Canada needs to invade Wisconsin and acquire it onto their side. LOL smile.gif
DKGT4
Couldn't sleep... So busted out the soldering iron... Here's a preview of what's next.

QUOTE (cheela @ Apr 25, 2012 - 4:40 AM) *

laugh.gif GT4 Nation!
kurt95gt
QUOTE (cheela @ Apr 25, 2012 - 3:40 AM) *

An ohio
I want a gt4 too laugh.gif
Box
Just go ahead and make it down to Alabama while you're at it. tongue.gif
DKGT4
Pulled out the wiring in the car from the previous set up... Holy smokes look at that spaghetti!

Finished the install on my new Pioneer source. And god said "Let there be MUSIC!"

mak5603
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 19, 2012 - 12:12 AM) *

Whats wrong with the 88's?!??! frown.gif Truthfully, I think they look better than most 5th gens..

Nice gt4 DKGT4! None is as good as the 6th gen!
DKGT4
Another quick add on, hood dampers and blue shift knob!

QUOTE (mak5603 @ May 1, 2012 - 8:02 PM) *

Whats wrong with the 88's?!??! frown.gif Truthfully, I think they look better than most 5th gens..

Thanks mak5603! I agree. I love the body shape!
Box
QUOTE (mak5603 @ May 1, 2012 - 7:02 PM) *

Nothing wrong with the 4th, just more fond of the 5th.

QUOTE (DKGT4 @ May 1, 2012 - 6:47 PM) *
Pulled out the wiring in the car from the previous set up... Holy smokes look at that spaghetti!

Wow, that's just crazy. redface.gif I removed all the wiring from a previous installment, and filled one of those giant shopping bags they use at department stores. Weight reduction, wooooo! laugh.gif
DKGT4
Woot! Just checked the mail and look what arrived... What looks to be fertilizer?!

TROLL!

Its Wolfie308's Clear indicator lenses!!!

Thanks Wolfie308!!

QUOTE (Box @ May 1, 2012 - 8:52 PM) *
QUOTE (mak5603 @ May 1, 2012 - 7:02 PM) *

Nothing wrong with the 4th, just more fond of the 5th.

QUOTE (DKGT4 @ May 1, 2012 - 6:47 PM) *

Wow, that's just crazy. redface.gif I removed all the wiring from a previous installment, and filled one of those giant shopping bags they use at department stores. Weight reduction, wooooo! laugh.gif

Yea hahaha!!! that's literally almost 3 lbs right there!
Replaced with this...
Box
What some people do with audio installations I'll never know... Look forward to seeing the clear indicators on!
DKGT4
So along with the mods that I am doing... I am looking into new shoes! I need some guidance... I have been looking at different wheel sizes and really I am interested in 18" or 19" wheels... So I would like to know what the maximum width I could choose as well as if anyone has pictures of their wheels either 18" and 19" I would like to see them on the vehicle as it would greatly help my purchase.
DKGT4
Well here it is guys! Installed the clear turn signals that I got from Wolfie308. Thanks Wolfie!

Box
Looks fantastic!!! biggrin.gif
Ehrgeiz
Very clean. I like it. smile.gif
dudeofchaos
QUOTE (DKGT4 @ May 7, 2012 - 10:44 PM) *
Well here it is guys! Installed the clear turn signals that I got from Wolfie308. Thanks Wolfie!

Is that a hair dryer? xD Didn't know a simple hair dryer was strong enough to remove the plastic lens haha
diegohiga
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Apr 18, 2012 - 11:58 PM) *

If you have 12k-15k you can bring it to US i know a japanese guy who works bringing cars.from japan. He brings containers with full of jdm cars he will take care of the tittle and registration. He already brought couple skylines and s15 silvias to some people here in florida. he always arrives in different jdm cars to a car meet that i go. You need to pay hik cash. You pay him half of the money before he go and the other half when the car arrives. He can bring and register ANY jdm car. Very good contact. Pm me and ill give you his info if you got the $$$$$
kurt95gt
QUOTE (diegohiga @ May 10, 2012 - 5:58 PM) *

If you have 12k-15k you can bring it to US i know a japanese guy who works bringing cars.from japan. He brings containers with full of jdm cars he will take care of the tittle and registration. He already brought couple skylines and s15 silvias to some people here in florida. he always arrives in different jdm cars to a car meet that i go. You need to pay hik cash. You pay him half of the money before he go and the other half when the car arrives. He can bring and register ANY jdm car. Very good contact. Pm me and ill give you his info if you got the $$$$$

How i wish i had that kind of money but i dont
If i ever find myself in a spot where i can do that i will definitely be getting ahold of you
spy00005
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ May 10, 2012 - 7:35 PM) *

If i ever find myself in a spot where i can do that i will definitely be getting ahold of you

guess its time to start saving up.

coming along very nicely only critique is the shift knob looks kinda too small for the shifter. maybe its just the shifter boot. idk but looking real good.
DKGT4
QUOTE (dudeofchaos @ May 10, 2012 - 3:14 PM) *
QUOTE (DKGT4 @ May 7, 2012 - 10:44 PM) *

Is that a hair dryer? xD Didn't know a simple hair dryer was strong enough to remove the plastic lens haha

It definitely was... And it kept the mastic warm and pliable!

QUOTE (spy00005 @ May 11, 2012 - 11:13 AM) *
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ May 10, 2012 - 7:35 PM) *

guess its time to start saving up.

coming along very nicely only critique is the shift knob looks kinda too small for the shifter. maybe its just the shifter boot. idk but looking real good.

Yea Spy00005, I agree 100% and it is very small.. I thought it was going to be bigger however I was wrong... Darned E-bay. I already ordered a Momo King Chrome shift knob to replace it... Just feels weird... I went back to the stock for the time being.
DKGT4
Well here are some more upgrades. I still have to take pics of the dash kit and external LED's from Spree! Thanks Spree for all the help!

Here is what just came in the mail today! I just got a new camera so Hi Res alert!

Box
Very nice! Can't wait to see them on the car.
Ehrgeiz
Best mod for our 6GC's imo!
UndaGrwnD
+1
dudeofchaos
Sweeeeet!
DKGT4
So I installed the projection headlights... No photos yet.. But anyways.. looks like the cut offs are pointed in the wrong direction! JDM direction! Now i blind on coming traffic. I had to point the lights a little downward so that I wasn't doing that. The 8,000k HIDs don't help either haha. Pics to come!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.