Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 95 Celica Transmission Fluid / Differential
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
fyremaster
Hi,

I want (desperatly need) to change the transmission/differential oil in my manual transmission Celica.

Can anyone tell me if these oils are combined in the transmission drain/fill or if there is a seperate drain/fill plug for each?

Thanks much!
richee3
Separate plugs. The fill plug is on the front of the trans towards the radiator, the drain plug is under the trans facing the driver side wheel.
fyremaster
Thanks Richee. That's not quite what I meant. Is there a seperate drain/fill plug for the transmission and differential? (4 plugs? or 2?)

richee3
Ah, gotcha. I read in a hurry earlier. I was wondering why you would ask if there were separate plugs laugh.gif No, there's just two plugs.
fyremaster
Thanks Richee!

can you confirm it takes 75w90 gear oil? That is what I am planning on using but want to confirm that is correct.
vile_v
QUOTE (fyremaster @ Apr 20, 2012 - 8:09 PM) *
Thanks Richee!

can you confirm it takes 75w90 gear oil? That is what I am planning on using but want to confirm that is correct.

yes it does, its takes about 2.7 quarts.

The thing is you really don't have to measure, just fill from the fill plug until the fluid starts to leak out. This is how you know its full.
Special_Edy
Make sure not to get differential fluid. And fill the tranny on a level surface
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.