Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adaptronic ECU's?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
yellowchinaman
ok. As many of you know, I'm a person who like to try something different.
I've been talking to a Malaysian supplier who does engine transplants and they highly recommend an Australian ECU called Adaptronic.
In their opinion, the Adaptronic is much more versatile providing the right triggers are set up on the engine. However if I was to get it, I'd need to learn how to map it as no one in the UK has experience with these.

Info here:

http://adaptronic.com.au/products/e420d.html

What do you think?

match220
I've tuned Autronic's and Motec's. Autronic is another Australian brand and it's easy to tune (somewhat), plus I hear the tech support is great even though i've never had to deal with them. It has an autotune function that sets a baseline and kindof gets the engine to run a little, then it's just playing with the settings to fine tune. It's a little more complex than that, and it's far better than AEM. Plus I just posted a layout of each of the sensors on a GEN III 3sgte engine over in engine wiring. Mine was a little over $2k and it came with sensors, harness, and everything. Sensors in the box are bosch water temp, air temp, andit has a built in MAP sensor. It can support a 16 cyl, dual injectors on a 4 cyl and individual coils. Amazing little EMS. The forums for it are full of guys that know a ton of info about them too. Mine is an SM4 and I'll help you out to the best of my ability if you get one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.