Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pressure sender adapter
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
valerit1
Installing a pressure gauge - anyone tried this adapter to keep the stock switch and add a pressure sender?

http://208.109.215.220/files/gauge.pdf

Is it strong enough (it seems to be made of steel) to hold both safely?
Many of ass who tried brass tees know the problem and in case of breaking - well, is the oil...

Special_Edy
Whats wrong with a brass T? I doubt your getting higher oil pressure than the city tap's waterpressure(which is what its designed for). And even if the T did break the first thing to lose pressure would be the idiot light and oil pressure guage. So you would know before any engine damage took place
valerit1
Engine vibration on extended leverage of a soft metal - brass = highly likely breakage VERY soon (not caused by the pressure but it will add to it)
True, you will notice immediately, but hardly convenient if happens at a highway speed on a road trip...

QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Apr 27, 2012 - 8:07 PM) *
Whats wrong with a brass T? I doubt your getting higher oil pressure than the city tap's waterpressure(which is what its designed for). And even if the T did break the first thing to lose pressure would be the idiot light and oil pressure guage. So you would know before any engine damage took place

Special_Edy
Well, perhaps there is more than one place on our blocks to read pressure from. Most engines have plugs over the oil galleries in a few spots so I guess its worth checking into
valerit1
I would LOVE to know their location!!! I am all ears, really!

QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Apr 28, 2012 - 2:18 PM) *
Well, perhaps there is more than one place on our blocks to read pressure from. Most engines have plugs over the oil galleries in a few spots so I guess its worth checking into

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.