Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick injector harness help!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
perkyshadow
Hey guys!

I put the old 5s back together and have been running it around the neighborhood a little bit now. Something is a little off. Trying to diagnose it! Could a few of you take a look at your stock 5sfe and tell me what order the injector harnesses are from the passenger to driver's side? I currently have mine set up as brown, gray, brown, gray I believe. But it seemed like it wanted to go brown, gray, gray, brown. My manuals don't really speak to the issue, so if you could check yours and let me know how they're ordered on your car, that'd be great! My BEAMS is set up the same pattern that I've got the 5s set up, and it's running like a champ! Just want to make sure I don't have mine backwards or something. The engine is old, but it ran flawlessly before letting it sit in the shop for six months! I'm hoping I might just have a little something off and that I don't have to get into buying new parts again (plugs, etc)! For the record, the harness is from a '96. Don't have any idea if it'd be the same for the '94-'95. Thanks in advance!

Jason
Special_Edy
Im not sure ours are sequential. Ive swapped them back and forth and it made no noticible difference

Bitter
I know the 7A switched from batch injection to sequential when they moved from OBD1 to OBD2 for emissions reasons.
perkyshadow
Thanks guys! Took it on a 40 mile drive today, and it seemed to do great! I guess it just needed to run for a little while!
Special_Edy
QUOTE (perkyshadow @ Apr 28, 2012 - 6:23 PM) *
Thanks guys! Took it on a 40 mile drive today, and it seemed to do great! I guess it just needed to run for a little while!

For the record-
My electrical schematics show White for cylinders 1 and 3, and Yellow for cylinders 2 and 4, with them being batch fired.

I wonder if 1 and 4 being white and 3 and 2 yellow would create a more even distributuon of fuel(then it would be like watse spark, fire with the intake valve open TDC and fire on the compression TDC. But then I'm an idiot if I think I could second guess the way toyota designs their engines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.