Okay, previously I posted my girls car wouldn't crank over,

well It still won't crank over by key, but thanks to my buddy I ran a. Direct wire from the starter's positive wire to battery through a switch , it cranked over right away so that's good news but...

I heard something that made me facepalm myself.... I knew starter was to easy to get this car on the road once more... It has a rod knocking.. I have a engine rebuild kit for her car, had it in my garage for few months now...

It came wit new piston rings bearing and heads but no rods.

I got the car for free, originally my brotther bought it as a shell to transfer body parts to his gt and my st for 300, we never once tried crank it... I then got the car and give it to my fiance since we were told it only need alternator starter and distributor and tranny (I also had spare tranny for it and alternator) but it turned out to be more than we thought... So on that note where should I begin? Should I go from the bottom end just replace pistons and bearings and slap it in? Or should I dreadfully tear it apart and rebuild it from ground up with the rebuild kit I have? I kinda do need car on road asap now that her last car is gone...

Also where can I get piston rods?? I dnt have much money frown.gif

Its a 95 celica gt 2.2 5sfe