Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 98 beams air filter
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
scoobie23
Hi lads new to this site hi too all from ireland ..I recently bought a 98 st202 beams and big change from my type R scoobie but still av it cldnt sell ahah.. I am looking for the best place to but a new short ram air intake for it one with the airflow attacment one it.I finding it harf to source one like that so would appreciate it if anyone knows where to purchase one wink.gif . cheers people .
richee3
The BEAMS MAF sensor is very sensitive, so that limits your intake options down severely. There is the HKS MAF adapter, and the ever-popular SARD intake specifically designed for the BEAMS. Costs a pretty penny from RHD Japan. The 97-01 Camry intake will work, though not with good results. However, just because these intakes work doesn't mean they work well. Due to the sensitivity of the MAF, the stock air intake is considered to be the best intake for the BEAMS by far. The others are generally regarded to cause issues.
BonzaiCelica
i was told by a shop a few hours from me that they could get one for me for about $100. The HKS MAF Adapter....
Batman722
The stock airbox is the best way to go with the BEAMS.
Any intake other than stock that makes the A/F too rich and robs power.
Stick with the stock intake and get a bigger exhaust, 2.5" to make max power.
scoobie23
Thanks lads 4 the bita advice much appreciated smile.gif . What is standard bhp 4 my model and what could i expect to gain wit de-cat and exhaust
richee3
Power for the Redtop is 197 hp and 152 ft lbs of torque. I coukdnt honestly give you any round numbers for opening up your exhaust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.