Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone expose their Cam gears?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Jason
Has anyone bought aftermarket Cam Gears or have just exposed them?

NEVERSTOP
I did on my 5sfe but kept em cover on my 3s.. I would recommend leavin the cover on just incase something gets in there... if your only gonna use it for track use then you can take it off otherwise leave and dont risk it. if you wanna show em off then take a photo of em wink.gif
97GTinKC
leave it covered, one stray piece of gravel or whatnot between the belt and pulley could ruin your day
Jason
What do you guys feel about a see-through cover? I could get one custom fabricated easily.
97GTinKC
QUOTE (Jason @ Jan 3, 2004 - 3:15 PM)
What do you guys feel about a see-through cover? I could get one custom fabricated easily.

,,,maybe fabricated in color tinted lexan??? Are the cam gears aluminum? if so, they could be cleaned up and polished to look pretty good...
Andason

how much were u thinking
Jason
QUOTE (Andason @ Jan 4, 2004 - 8:08 PM)
What do you guys feel about a see-through cover?  I could get one custom fabricated easily.

how much were u thinking

Not quite sure, i'll look into it.

If I get them made, they are going to be made clear, then tint-customization will have to be done yourself.
holson
Hey a clear one would be neat! I wonder how mine looks under that cover... probably pretty ugly..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.