Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CEL is on again....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
LatinKraze
I burnt up(i'm exagerating) a 94 Civic(deBadged). I hit about 5.6k b4 redline thru to 3rd gear and my ****ing CEL came on. I did the self check and came up with my Second o2 sensor was bad. I just changed the SOB. I reset the ECU and took her out for a test run. I went a lil over 5k and the CEL came on again. I dont know what it is. Error code was for the second o2 sensor again. Has this happened to anyone else?? What should i check for?? confused.gif
-Ivan-
Supersprynt
You may have a bad o2 sensor.
SpedToe169
Are you asking a Civic question in a Celica forum????? I doubt we're going to be much help if thats the case.....anyway....why do we give a sh1t if your car is de-badged?????
96stcoupe
I think he was racing a civic.

Anyway, your catalytic converter may not be working properly, resulting in more hydrocarbons getting to your o2 sensor and setting a code. Its also possible that you just got a faulty o2 sensor.
macavely
when is the last time you changed your air filter?
BEEFSTEW800
QUOTE (96stcoupe @ Jan 4, 2004 - 4:13 AM)
Anyway, your catalytic converter may not be working properly, resulting in more hydrocarbons getting to your o2 sensor and setting a code. Its also possible that you just got a faulty o2 sensor.

x2
LatinKraze
QUOTE (macavely @ Jan 4, 2004 - 10:17 PM)
when is the last time you changed your air filter?

3 Months ago, when i bought my car. Did a whole tune up. I think the light originally came on after the tune up. I hope i didnt fudge anything up.
LatinKraze
Does anyone know where the fuel filter is at? I think it hasn't been changed for a while. I get 250 miles per full tank. Would the o2 sensor be at fault?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.