Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5SFTE 94 GT / SUPRA CONVERSION
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
batcavee00
hey whats up guys, my name is jose, i've been around this site since i got my celica in December of 2010. since then i have put a lot of effort, sweat, and tears to this car.

anyway, lets get started:

i purchased from craigslist this 1994 celica gt. its had some nice rims, the interior is all black leather and was in very good condition. the only bad thing is that it was not running.

after towing the car to my house, i started tearing this thing apart and i discovered that the water pump gear was broken and some of the pieces where jammed on the other pulleys etc.

i ended up rebuilding the engine by my self, new pistons, rings, bearings etc..( first time ever attempted) and i was happy with the results

i also ported and polished the head, intake runners and opened up the throttle opening

here are some photos of the process:

soon after i finished i then started gathering the necessary turbo parts to turbo the celica

460 injectors, t3t4 turbo, medium intercooler, turbo manifold, SAFC2 and all that good stuff

here is a picture of my engine finished, ready to be dropped in:

stage 3 clutch:

i finished putting the engine into the car and then i got the crazy idea of doing a full supra body conversion... lol

and so it began....

started with the back, and then i moved to sides, and finally the front:

i made brackets, fiberglass, etc.. to make all this work.

after i was almost finished with the body conversion i started installing all my turbo parts

intercooler:

i then started tuning the car, ran into a few tuning issues, but they got resolved quickly

ported n polished my turbo,

and the car started looking a bit more complete

once i finished up all my bodywork, properly tuned my engine to 11psi and i finally decided it was time to paint the car. so i painted the car last weekend.

so here is the car once it was painted:

well thats pretty much it..

im still working on a few things in the interior and minor things on the exterior i still gotta color sand the car and repaint because i wasnt 100% happy with my bodywork, but overall i think it looks good.

i will post pictures of the engine bay once its all cleaned up ( got hoses and wires all over)

this week im working on a home made water methanol injection kit. all im missing is the hobbs pressure switch and a check valve and that would be the final thing i need to install to give my car a little more boost (~15psi) and then go to the dyno and post the results for you guys to see.

i hope you guys enjoy!!!
mak5603
Welcome man.

Unfortunately we are unable to view your images. Try editing the post and using the [IMG][/IMG] instead.
batcavee00
working on it lol
mak5603
Wow, you have done a ton of work on that car, much respect! Conversion looks nice.
smkr3w
Very nice thumbsup.gif
jordisonjr
Props on rebuilding the motor on your own for the first time.
Not a fan of the supra conversion but I can appreciate all the work that went intot his
NYp8tBaller07
I appreciate all the work that youve done but I feel like the body work and the FMIC are a little on the sloppy side. Not saying I can do better lol
mgnt232
AAAHHHHH!!!!!!! OMG!!! AAAHHH!!!! lol
Amazing! wow man, I just ordered my supra front parts lmao. I was thinking about it for a while as the sides and rear are done. But seeing it now, wow i love it.
Tons of work I know and you turboed it, props.
I can't start my front conversion really till I take leave after mos school, but getting excited and mapping it out in my head. Any other pics of the front process post them um, will help my swap out a ton.
RabidTRD
Welcome man! Nice work with the car! It's cool to see how much your done. I am a bit thrown off by the front wheel wells. I feel like you need a trim to go around to make it match the supra bumper because the face looks huge and hen you have sucked in wells. Either way, car looks good. Don't see to many conversions like that.
mgnt232
was thinking that a little. If you use some wide body fender flares, was my plan and cut and mold them to the right size to make it less of a dramatic "suction".
+ it gets more curves smile.gif
batcavee00
thanks guys!

yeah, i need to fix the front....i was thinking of adding flares all around to make the body flow a little better. its true, the fenders need more work. i still got some paint left over so i should be able to get it fixed. Im also gona have to add wheel spacers to make the rims sit flush with the car. but thats gona have to wait for a while, since im out of funds for the time being i got other bills to pay 1st =/

thanks for all the input!

BTW im thinking of going to the dyno in a couple of weeks so stay tuned! im really hoping im hitting between 200-250hp biggrin.gif
NYp8tBaller07
yea it just seems bumpy, I feel a final run over of the body will do a world of good. Definitely keep us posted with that dyno! =)
playr158
For being a complete DIY this is great work. Good job on the car i think its probably thr best conversion so far
mkernz22
Great job on the conversion man!
The only thing that stands out, which I really don't like, is the hood. The celica hood is not meant for those headlights at all. Other than that, it looks amazing
mgnt232
Hey was wondering what you used to water proof the lights. Like you know how the celiac has the rubber rings around the headlights to fill that small space and try to keep most of the water out? I wasn't sure if the supra headlights had that, or if you used something else. just a question i cant answer cause i haven't seen the lights yet.
Also you used celica fenders right? and just cut them?

side note:
does anyone know if you an cut CF? like if I got a CF hood i like for the celica, but had to fit the supra lights in. Could I cut it, and somehow be able to fix it smooth again or is that too crazy? lol
thanks again
Smaay
nice job man!!!!! once i get my Supra running, we should do a side by side pictures
batcavee00
mgnt232 :

the supra head lights come with a little weather strip right on the part where the hood sits on. Also, the fenders are the celica ones, i did have to cut them, but it was a paint in the A$$ doing it like that. the hood gave me a little trouble too.

word of advice is, when you do yours, just go with some fiberglass supra fenders and some how merge those with the ones on the celica. that will make the bumper align easier, same goes for the hood....

Smaay:

side by side pictures sound good lol im always near palmdale area since i go to santa clarita pretty often, i believe from there is just another 20-30 mins drive to your place. let me know when you get your supra running.

and thank you guys for all the feedback!
Smaay
well if you come to town, i can move the Supra right now, its just running on 4 cylinders and smokes alot frown.gif
mgnt232
cool thanks, and side by sides would be epic!
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.