Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You know you own a Celica when...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
richee3
I stole this idea from the 350Z forum I'm on. Post up things you've noticed about owning your Celica that you don't get in any other car. I'll start:

-When you are offended by hearing "Nice Tiburon/Integra!"
-When you get out and the doors keep closing on your legs.
-When you realize you have more friends from 6gc.net who keep in touch more often than your lousy non-Celica friends tongue.gif
-When you're sitting at a stop light and the guy in the truck next to you starts checking you out to see how hot the girl driving the Celica is, and seeing the look on his face when he realizes you're a guy laugh.gif

Let's hear some of your Celica-specific experiences smile.gif
CheechCelica95
QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 23, 2012 - 6:30 PM) *
I stole this idea from the 350Z forum I'm on. Post up things you've noticed about owning your Celica that you don't get in any other car. I'll start:

-When you are offended by hearing "Nice Tiburon/Integra!"
-When you realize you have more friends from 6gc.net who keep in touch more often than your lousy non-Celica friends tongue.gif
-When you're sitting at a stop light and the guy in the truck next to you starts checking you out to see how hot the girl driving the Celica is, and seeing the look on his face when he realizes you're a guy laugh.gif

Let's hear some of your Celica-specific experiences smile.gif

You know you own a celica when you stare at it long enough that it starts looking like a Supra. But when you go to rub your eyes in disbelief it looks just like a celica and your still happy you own one. I go through this everyday.
kurt95gt
-When you realize you have more friends from 6gc.net who keep in touch more often than your lousy non-Celica friends

Its sad how true this is
stephen_lee
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Jun 23, 2012 - 7:41 PM) *
-When you realize you have more friends from 6gc.net who keep in touch more often than your lousy non-Celica friends

Its sad how true this is

truth
cheela
QUOTE (stephen_lee @ Jun 23, 2012 - 8:22 PM) *
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Jun 23, 2012 - 7:41 PM) *

Its sad how true this is

truth

triple truf
mgnt232
quadness
nd lmao sooo true
cheela
-When you look back at your celi every time you park anywhere and keep looking at it until you can't see it anymore
mkernz22
When it feels so fast while driving it....but then you get mopped up by everything and remember how slow it is.
azian_advanced
... when the first thing you do when you turn on your computer is go on 6gc.net

... when you see another 6gc while driving and you gasp in excitement

... when you've mastered the 'crane' shifting technique
kurt95gt
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Jun 24, 2012 - 12:59 AM) *

I must not truly own a 6gc cuz i still suck at this lol
enderswift
lol "the crane shifting technique". My technique is rough on me because I'm a fan of d&d large ice coffees. Try shifting with one of those things!

anyway,

you know you have a celi when your bank account is always empty

when you spend hours looking for rebuild parts rolleyes.gif
kurt95gt
You know you own a celica when doing a swap on your car that no one else wants to do..... sounds like the best idea youve ever had laugh.gif

You know you own a celica when you know what a alltrac is
(. I had to explain it to 3 of my honda buddys)

You know you own a celica when driving across 3 states to meet people youve only talked to on the internet doesnt sound like a bad idea or a quick way to die
smkr3w
All of the above!

Most especially these:
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Jun 24, 2012 - 12:59 AM) *
... when the first thing you do when you turn on your computer is go on 6gc.net

... when you see another 6gc while driving and you gasp in excitement

QUOTE (enderswift @ Jun 24, 2012 - 1:18 AM) *
you know you have a celi when your bank account is always empty

^And most recently this one^, got down to $3.46 to my name rolleyes.gif
Anoroc
Possibly less relevant to US-based posters;

- When you start judging other Celicas based on their taillights and headlights.
- When you get excited to see other GT4s, just because it reminds you that they exist
- When you get excited to see other people driving them, because they're not middle aged women.
cheela
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Jun 24, 2012 - 12:29 AM) *
You know you own a celica when driving across 3 states to meet people youve only talked to on the internet doesnt sound like a bad idea or a quick way to die

LOL! laugh.gif that's how i felt at the first meet. and probably how I should feel at EVERY meet. hahahaha
malecrod
You know you own a celica;

-When you pop the hood open everytime you get home from work even though car runs fine.

-When you start to feel like your second job is being a "mechanic" because you are acquiring more tools than clothes.

- When you are surprised when a youngster driving celica have no idea of 6gc.net!

-Last but not least, you KNOW YOU OWN A CELICA when your spouse starts telling you they wish they were a celica because you are spending most weekends under the car!!!
malecrod
Oh I forgot one more;
- you know you own a celica(specifically 6gc) when you spend frustrating weeks and months looking for that rare JDM part, and you when you do finally come accross one, you get ecstatic. But you scroll down to the price and you say "darn!,its so expensive! Forget it, will look for some thing else. Then off to the next rare JDM part!
richee3
Another one I forgot...

-When you have enough spare parts to practically build a Celica from scratch.
-When you get in another car and stab the dash with the key because you can't find the ignition laugh.gif
mgnt232
ahhh hahaah sooo true i could build like celicas lmao... and I've stabbed many dashes

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 24, 2012 - 10:07 AM) *
Another one I forgot...

-When you have enough spare parts to practically build a Celica from scratch.
-When you get in another car and stab the dash with the key because you can't find the ignition laugh.gif

CAcelica29
- when your car is de- badged and people think its a supra..or they look confused.
Redmann813
QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 24, 2012 - 12:16 AM) *
-When you look back at your celi every time you park anywhere and keep looking at it until you can't see it anymore

QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Jun 24, 2012 - 12:35 AM) *
When it feels so fast while driving it....but then you get mopped up by everything and remember how slow it is.

these lol
6gcpr
When you open your new issue of your favorite car magazine hoping to see a glimpse of any kind or news of a celica and find nothing

When you notice there's a lack of aftermarket support for the 6gc
Special_Edy
How about-

Pressing the A/C button off when you merge into traffic like its the afterburner.
Chinosan89
QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 24, 2012 - 12:16 AM) *

Lmao soooooo true
Chinosan89
- when there are other people staring at nice scenery or landscape, you prefer to pull up a chair and stair at your car.
- when people ask you how much your supra was worth. (even tho I had a celica badge on it....)
- when only YOU can really tell the significant difference between headlights and tails.
- when 6gc is on your most visited places list
- when your antenna retraction system is broken
dudeofchaos
QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 23, 2012 - 7:30 PM) *

That is so true! Well it is for me haha.

You also know you own a Celica when:

-You know that it used to be Rwd.
-You know what your OEM color code is by heart.
-You know your chassis code by heart.
-''St204'' and ''St205'' is absolutly not the same thing to you.
-6gc.net is your main page.
-You would drool over a 6gc that passes by, even if it's all rot out.
-You know how many celica generations there are.
-You know what a 3sgte is and believe it's a gift sent from heaven.
-You know the hood of a Gt-Four is made of alloy.
-In your head, JDM tail lights automatically means Kouki tail lights.
NewOrleans
-When you get into a wreck and the cop puts down that it is a supra in the police report!

true story
RabidTRD
QUOTE (dudeofchaos @ Jun 24, 2012 - 6:54 PM) *
QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 23, 2012 - 7:30 PM) *

That is so true! Well it is for me haha.

You also know you own a Celica when:

This... there are so many rotted out POS 6th gen ST's here. It makes me cry frown.gif All the GT's were bought up and kept nice, or destroyed by ricers around here. I was lucky to find my GTS.

You know you own a Celica when:

you're constantly taking corners as quickly as possible and smiling until you have to go straight again.
bmj67
All your drinks are in bottles with caps because of lack of decent cup holders.
You have 4 seats but only fit 2 people.
Your car is cleaner than your room.
You see another celica and know the year range by the front bumper.
celicalibre
[quote name='richee3' date='Jun 23, 2012 - 7:30 PM' post='972118']
I stole this idea from the 350Z forum I'm on. Post up things you've noticed about owning your Celica that you don't get in any other car.

When you back into parking spaces so the exotic front end shows the best!

When closing the garage door at night, taking one last gaze at the graceful lines giving you one last smile for the night.

Smiling when someone asks you what year that car is and you respond with, "It's a classic!"

When comparing the asthetics of other cars to your 6GC, they always come in second place!

When pulling up behind someone on the road, you know they'll see a vision of a sleek expensive sports car in their rear view mirror!

Your 6GC gives you deep down satisfaction that most people do not recognize the model car you drive -- only that it is beautiful to look at.

Nuff said......

when you point out every 6gc you see and tell your wife, i have a car like that

chacha
when you know the celica's year and model (GT, ST) and if it is a hatch or a coupe or a convertible just by looking at the front of the car. cwm13.gif you know it all too well
RabidTRD
QUOTE (chacha @ Jun 25, 2012 - 1:13 AM) *
when you know the celica's year and model (GT, ST) and if it is a hatch or a coupe or a convertible just by looking at the front of the car. cwm13.gif you know it all too well

I'll be honest, the only thing I can tell by looking at the front end of one is if it's a 94-95 or a 96-99. How would you tell GT vs ST by the front? I look for wheels, ride height, rear caliper and hatch/trunk label lol. Most of the 6gc's around here are rotboxes that are neglected. I think I'm going to start a thread to show how sad it is up here.
Anoroc
QUOTE (dudeofchaos @ Jun 25, 2012 - 10:54 AM) *
-You know what your OEM color code is by heart.
-You know your chassis code by heart.
-''St204'' and ''St205'' is absolutly not the same thing to you.

All of these, lol.
Hirogodsend
QUOTE (bmj67 @ Jun 24, 2012 - 9:02 PM) *
All your drinks are in bottles with caps because of lack of decent cup holders.

So True. I put mine between the seat and the door, with the seatbelt to keep it from rolling away.
When you do get a drink thats not in a bottle, you get the small.
rave2n
-been told to use the search button.
bsamps4
You know you own a Celica when you get your car dyno'ed and the technician barely straps the car down causing it to nearly fly off the dyno, and you see the whites of the technicians eyes freaking out about what he just did...

True Story...
Keiri
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Jun 25, 2012 - 11:30 AM) *
You know you own a Celica when you get your car dyno'ed and the technician barely straps the car down causing it to nearly fly off the dyno, and you see the whites of the technicians eyes freaking out about what he just did...

True Story...

He wasn't expecting a 3SGTE to be turning those front wheels. laugh.gif

jordisonjr
All of these hits the nail on the head, also:

When you get "Hey nice supra"
smkr3w
....when people think you're car is a newer car, and don't believe you when you say it's 14 years old.
Neon90424
when you own a celica (gt4) miles per gallon dont seem to matter anymore.

also when you pass a person let off the throttle just to go by saying Pshhhtt
Keiri
QUOTE (smkr3w @ Jun 25, 2012 - 3:25 PM) *
....when people think you're car is a newer car, and don't believe you when you say it's 14 years old.

Truth.

ricochet1490
When your significant other says they feel like they are the "other woman" and the car came first..

When people look at your cross-eyed when you tell them you own 3 of the same car...

I totally agree about the doors and the knees!! LMAO!
mgnt232
ahh haha mr. deeds
k sorry continue the thread, i just thought that was funny
KAOS
QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Jun 24, 2012 - 3:20 PM) *
How about-

Pressing the A/C button off when you merge into traffic like its the afterburner.

OMG ^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

I LOL'd biggrin.gif
KAOS
How about when you're casually watching a TV Show or a Movie and you see a split second glimpse of any gen Celica and lose your mind, "OMG! I can't believe a CELICA was in that!!! SWEEEEET!!"
3WayStunna
You know you own a celica when you constantly find yourself dealing with people who say..."oh you drive a girls car" and you retort about telling them how bad-ass the celica was in its good ol' rally days, st205 etc.....

Walk away from conversation feeling like a big man, lol jkjkjk....
yagamius
when you go to the end of the parking lot just to park the car alone to prevent someone hit your car with their doors, and when walk away you have to check the car every two steps just to make sure is ok.

when people say to you have to relax because no one is going to steal your car because is not worth it. (there is only a bunch of 6g here, so it actually not worth to steal a this car, robbers prefer Hyundai's to steal)
spy00005
when you end up spending more money on the car, aftermarket stuff and custom modz, and exterior styling than what you paid for the car.
BonzaiCelica
haha you guys are funny keep it coming. can't think of what to say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.