Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulley kit for 97 ST???
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
celimanST
How much power if any does it give??? Will it hurt your engine??? Is there one made for a 97 ST???

CelimanST
SpedToe169
There are underdrive pulleys (just the crank pulley). Its an 18% underdrive and supposedly makes 8hp. I don't think it makes this much power. I would say that realistically it makes 2-4hp. They can be found for about $100 and aren't too hard to install if you're mechanically inclined. It will require that you run slightly shorter belts.

There is a lot of debate about whether ir not it will hurt your engine. My professional engineering oppinion is that it will not hurt a 7a. An engine with a longer crank that is high revving might be a different story. I've been running this pulley for a year now with no problems.
yep
From what I've read, as long as you get an underdrive pulley from a good company (I.E. Unorthodox) you should be good. Some people will say that there is a harmonic balancer or something like that but on most cars (if not all) that has nothing to do with the stock underdrive pulley or anything that would be affected by putting on an aftermarket one. As long as you put everything back on that you took off, you should be good. (With the exception of the stock pulley...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.