Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Issues with FORGMANN :(
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Website Discussion
malpaso
I'm so sad to share this in public but I really do not know what else should I do to not loose my money...

May 23, 2012: I have paid $140 to FORGMANN for Recaro seat rails (http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=83029). He agreed with this amount as "shipped to Europe" since he has $125 shipped within US as adequate price.

Jun 15, 2012: Because three weeks went and I still had no rails delivered I asked for some customs declaration or tracking number to raise claim to local post office. I got respond rails are not even shipped because he found shipping is too much to Europe (for like $60 more than expected) and promised to find some cheaper shipping option and let me know "on Monday" (in 3 days).

Jun 19, 2012: Since I got no response form him (as promised) I offered to send him another money - to cover difference in shipping - but only after rails are delivered to me. Not before. Also I offered option if he want to rollback this deal we can cancel it. All I wanted is refund my $140.

Jun 25, 2012: No respond from FORGMANN so I raised dispute on PayPal. More than month after I paid and no action from him???

Jun 26, 2012: I got message from FORGMANN with no update, no option picked just with excuses and surprising answer "I'm not trying to scam you so why did you do that?" (he was talking about raising dispute on PayPal). Also shared with fears "Issue i have is idiots at PayPal issue refund and I ship and get double scammed. I need address again and out of town again today back home weds". So summarize it - rails still not sent, he lost my address and is afraid to be "double scammed"!!!???

The same day I gave him last chance to decide if he want to continue in this or cancel it. Since he mentioned "back home weds" I expected some action on Friday. Guess what happened... NOTHING! NO ACTION, NO RESPOND. So today it is another week I have no money and no rails (even sent).

Is there anyone who can help me with this issue please? I do not care about rails anymore (it is not sent yet anyway so he can keep it and do what ever want with that). I just want back my money and forget I know him...

note: of course everything written in this topic I can prove with PMs from FORGMANN in here. Thanks a lot.
Keiri
Martin, this is so disheartening to read and I think you're taking reasonable steps in dealing with the whole thing. You could try PMing Manny to see if he can get a response from FORG but that's a long shot; your PayPal claim is more than likely the best means of getting your money back but you could also try getting the information for his state's attorney general and filing a complaint about the transaction. If you go the AG route be sure to send them copies of all communications with FORGMANN. I wish you luck sir and hope the outcome of all of this is acceptable to you.
dudeofchaos
Same thing for me... I sent him money on april 26th and I never recieved the mirrors I paid for. It's been over 2 months now and he told me he finally sent them a few days ago and gave me a usps tracking code that does not work and still haven't had anything in the mail nor any notice, nothing. I've sent him multiple messages but he told me already about having issues with you too with shipping.. Don't know what to do..
Syaoran
Escalate it to a claim. Either he ships them or Paypal will refund you your money after a while unless he presents shipping proof and Paypal verifies that it is legit.

Do not cancel the claim until you have received the rails and are sure they are there. Once the package is received make sure you take a video of the opening of the box, do not open it before recording. Make sure to record the label clearly along with tracking number. If he ships something that is not what you're expecting, send proof to Paypal.
Zake
i must have been a lucky one, i got what i payed for without any issues. kindasad.gif im sorry you guys are having trouble with him.
Box
Sorry to hear that. Why I only buy locally or online through feeBay. If someone has good feedback on eBay it's generally a safe bet, since they'll want to uphold that good rating. Hope you and others can get everything worked out soon.
an02
sorry to hear about this martin ..

but im also glad you raised this issue in public .. at least now the community knows what to expect from this person ..

i hope you get your money back .. and i hope karma is a bitch !!
Xander_X
That IS unfortunate. I bought my splitters off of him with no problem. However I will admit he doesn't communicate very well. I'm surprised as he sells so much on here and it's a shame to have a black mark on his name because he's a such a great source for rare and hard to find parts.
kurt95gt
This is sad to see
I haven't dealt with him but talk to a couple that have
One was over the top happy an the other was just happyhe got his parts
Hopefully it all works out in the end
FORGMANN
Thanks to other members who informed of thread.

First and fore most there is no Scam..period.

Simply answer is I should of refunded Malpaso
sooner . I have a lot on my plate with work and
have not made time to address and resolve issue.
Claim already in so either way will be refunded which
partly why I have not contacted you this week.

Been selling parts for 20yrs and have no desire to
scam anyone. I am nicest guy ever meet and will
always help out any of the younger guy on this board.

I sold 2 sets of jdm fenders and FedEx took me to cleaners
big time on both. One set actually cost me money to sell.
In both cases did not contact buyer asking for more money.

International shipping is quite expense on heavy items and
mistake was made trying to be nice guy on shipping charges
After fender ordeal I refuse to sell parts if shipping is double
quoted price and parts sell for almost nothing.

Anyway to wrap this up Malpaso I will contact PayPal to
see if can speed up refund. Will email you off site with results.

Dudeofchaos your mirrors were shipped last week USPS
not UPS. So your local post office will be delivering.
I will follow up on yours and pm you.

Will not be posting further in this thread so either of you need to
contact me please pm and I will reply .

dudeofchaos
Usps, that's what I said. Anyways, as long as I get them I will not give any bad review since I'm not in a hurry.
SupraKid
I understand where forgmann is coming from... I hate to do it but I have refused to sell to people outside of the US on anything large because shipping is just such a hassle.
njccmd2002
So there it is folks, simple delay of communication. No need to ad more fire to the stove, no more food to heat anyways,

thats why i dont sell either, because its a hassle.
malpaso
Thank you all for inputs and also to FORGMANN for his input... sadly it do not give any single answer or explanation plus only confirm my opinion about that person.

Shipping outside US sucks? WHY!!!???
I wanted to pay FULL SHIPPED PRICE that means with additional costs (so in this case total $200). I had no issue with that. What I had issue with is:

Why rails are not even shipped (after one month) especially after I said I pay another money for shipping!

I never said something like "ship it now I do not care you have additional costs". So why no response in terms of this or not even mentioning it in the speech?

Refund money on Paypal takes weeks!!!???
I have an account like six year there and made refund my self few times already... it never take more than seconds unless you have no source where refund from. So why being fooled like this? Why just not say "I already spend your money and need to get another... somewhere".

So please do not hide after silly things. Whole business was transparent and fair. Just needed to do something.
delusionz
Hi Martin, saw this thread and reminded me, I haven't heard from you, hope your wastegate actuator turned up.

By the way, my boost is now coming right, i think it needed time for the springs to settle in the wastegate. I have Blue spring (0.4bar) and its holding just fine now all the way to redline in 2nd gear and up to 5500rpm in 3rd is the fastest I've been smile.gif
malpaso
Sorry folks to continue again with this topic. Five days ago you all had chance to read FORGMANN's defense like he is not scammer and how hard it is to sell parts abroad. Now anyone of you can guess if I have back my money or not... if just simple thing like click on "refund" button in his PayPal account been made or nothing has happened at all.

Today I raised dispute to claim as recommended by Syaoran but not sure if this help anyhow since only communication in terms of this deal is here on 6gc.net inside PMs and in this topic. Will this be trustworthy enough for PayPal people? Who knows...
trdproven
I've bought a part from him where it is scary cus communication is almost lacking, until one day he said he shipped it and it did get to me. I cannot vouch on his behalf but he is delayed sometimes but other reasons he has I DO NOT KNOW like your refund is not too difficult, couldve done it since he was posting here and was online, but who knows the real reason, get your claim from paypal (although unfortunately shouldnt be this way), paypal will take the money back if you escalated it.

good luck man.
NYp8tBaller07
The way I see it, do t sell anything unless you can provide the customer service to ship the item. I want to sell some things but because Im so busy with work I don't because I know I would be able to properly support my sale.
dudeofchaos
I sent him money on april 26th for a pair of power folding mirrors, and on june 26th he sent me en email in which he said he finally sent the mirrors (even though he already said he did way before that). I still haven't received anything as of yet. The Usps tracking code still doesn't work. I'm not angry or anything, but what the hell is up?!
rave2n
QUOTE (NYp8tBaller07 @ Jul 10, 2012 - 9:41 AM) *
The way I see it, do t sell anything unless you can provide the customer service to ship the item. I want to sell some things but because Im so busy with work I don't because I know I would be able to properly support my sale.

No offense, nor is my comment related to this threads activities. This isn't ebay or some online shop. You cannot expect people to ship items as fast. We all have lives.

My transaction with Forg was positive. Stuff changes, GL with the remainder.
NYp8tBaller07
QUOTE (rave2n @ Jul 10, 2012 - 8:05 PM) *

No offense, nor is my comment related to this threads activities. This isn't ebay or some online shop. You cannot expect people to ship items as fast. We all have lives.

Idc who you are. If it takes you weeks to over a month to ship an item someone already paid for is ridiculous. Yes we all have lives and selling something is apart of it.
95CelicaST
I feel like three business days to ship an item after receiving money is MORE than generous. It isn't hard - stop by a shipping store and have them box it and ship it. The most you have to do is give 5 minutes of your day and pay for shipping.

If you can't ship out in a reasonable timeframe then you shouldn't be selling in the first place. Yes, you have a life and that is fine and dandy, but now you have a life, my money, and the part I paid you to ship.

I know I had to hassle him to ship me a TRD steering wheel, and when it got here it was NOT in the condition described. I just turned around and sold it - not worth the delays trying to get my money back.
3WayStunna
EDIT: Not my business, but GL to the buyer(s)....Hope you get either your money back, or your purchased item in hand.
dudeofchaos
Finally managed to get the real tracking code. Seems like item has been shipped and is now being held by the post office.

I haven't received any notice from the PO though... Don't know what to do really, I'll just go at the PO tomorrow.
trdproven
QUOTE (rave2n @ Jul 11, 2012 - 10:05 AM) *

thats true but there should be some considerate timeline for these things to be shipped out or refunded for any transaction. it mentally sucks knowing your 100-200 bucks is floating around somewhere.

I admit my transaction with FORG was good, but he needs this transaction settled soon. My rear OEM splitters came from him actually at a time when they were so rare, a time when replicas ruled the market.
rave2n
QUOTE (trdproven @ Jul 10, 2012 - 11:39 PM) *
QUOTE (rave2n @ Jul 11, 2012 - 10:05 AM) *

thats true but there should be some considerate timeline for these things to be shipped out or refunded for any transaction. it mentally sucks knowing your 100-200 bucks is floating around somewhere.

I admit my transaction with FORG was good, but he needs this transaction settled soon. My rear OEM splitters came from him actually at a time when they were so rare, a time when replicas ruled the market.

Oh I agree, within a respectable time frame of course. Just some people get their panties in a knot when you aren't dropping everything for their purchases.

All my items have shipped within respectable time frames, I just occasionally get to deal with a little ass that thinks I should do as mentioned above. Simply doesn't motivate me to do it quicker, and quite frankly I would enjoy watching them squirm while waiting on a refund. No skin off my back. If they want entitled security, go buy it on ebay and cry there when it doesn't ship in 24 hours.

Like I said in my original post for the other commentors, not specific to this thread...where this is an obvious extreme.

I deal with vendors for hard to find items quite often, in extreme situations where money is potentially lost if I don't provide a solution. Sometimes you just have to wait, or get a refund and get it somewhere else.
kurt95gt
This just seems to be a case of a good guy with good parts an maybe not enough free time to do everythingin a timely manner
Seems like he's always outa state so um guessing he's a rather busy guy
malpaso
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Jul 11, 2012 - 6:16 AM) *
This just seems to be a case of a good guy with good parts an maybe not enough free time to do everythingin a timely manner
Seems like he's always outa state so um guessing he's a rather busy guy

I would agree if I had my money back like a week ago. It is important to split two things:

a) ability to ship something already paid (that means deal with all related issues that really can take time. I can understand that)

b) ability to refund money back by clicking on "REFUND" button on his PayPal account in our transaction
. This step simply do not take more time than seconds. And that is why I do not believe this person anymore. Every day I need to wait for his mood to "click on the button" makes me more angry and less understanding to any excuse or explanation from him. I simply hate when someone makes me a fool...

I already copied his comment and sent to PayPal claim team (of how they call that department there) where he blame PayPal for holding my money. We will see what they do with that. At least this forum is open and they can to read this topic anytime they want.
malpaso
Another week away and nothing has happened... FORGMANN been here two days ago = he has access to the net to "click the refund button" for sure or do anything (say "sorry" perhaps?). Anyway when I raised escalated the claim a week ago PayPal asked him for response. Today I checked the status and found they still waiting for his response:

The seller has been asked to respond by Jul 19, 2012. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

So I have faith in two days I will have at last this closed and receive back my money. A month after I raised dispute. A month after he understood I want back my money since he is not able to fulfill his part of deal: simply to ship the goods (damn it is almost two months ago now a he did absolutely nothing!?).
Syaoran
QUOTE (malpaso @ Jul 17, 2012 - 12:56 AM) *
Another week away and nothing has happened... FORGMANN been here two days ago = he has access to the net to "click the refund button" for sure or do anything (say "sorry" perhaps?). Anyway when I raised escalated the claim a week ago PayPal asked him for response. Today I checked the status and found they still waiting for his response:

The seller has been asked to respond by Jul 19, 2012. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

So I have faith in two days I will have at last this closed and receive back my money. A month after I raised dispute. A month after he understood I want back my money since he is not able to fulfill his part of deal: simply to ship the goods (damn it is almost two months ago now a he did absolutely nothing!?).

Paypal is going to end up giving you your money back and making his account have a negative balance and they will limit it. They will also blacklist anything he has on his account (credit cards and bank accounts).

He probably has no money to refund you with, he already spent the money you gave him.
trdproven
what about the shady people on this site who burn deal a transaction who used be actively posting, and is no longer actively posting but still visiting/sneaking in out of this site. Ignoring messages, but shows "Last Active: Today" Everyday.... What about those snakes? ...Sorry just venting
Box
I buy and sell often on eBay. I make it a habit to have everything packed and ready to go. As soon as it's payed for, just apply proper address to the package and drop it off. I understand taking up to 3 days to ship. Anything more I want at least a reason as to why. I'm an understanding person, I realize **** happens. Just let me know, you know.
Syaoran
QUOTE (trdproven @ Jul 17, 2012 - 3:26 AM) *
what about the shady people on this site who burn deal a transaction who used be actively posting, and is no longer actively posting but still visiting/sneaking in out of this site. Ignoring messages, but shows "Last Active: Today" Everyday.... What about those snakes? ...Sorry just venting

hatchy gt-s comes to mind.
trdproven
^ haha
CelicaZR
Good luck with getting your $ back Malpaso smile.gif
BonzaiCelica
QUOTE (Syaoran @ Jul 17, 2012 - 3:15 PM) *
QUOTE (trdproven @ Jul 17, 2012 - 3:26 AM) *

hatchy gt-s comes to mind.

x2 laugh.gif
enderswift
sad to see this stuff still going down on this site
malpaso
Final update:

QUOTE (PayPal)
Status

Your claim has been resolved and you'll receive a $140.00 USD refund.

What happens next

Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed.

That sounds as happy ending of this issue. Huge lessons learnt for me. Thanks all for support!
block
QUOTE (dudeofchaos @ Jul 10, 2012 - 10:23 PM) *
Finally managed to get the real tracking code. Seems like item has been shipped and is now being held by the post office.

I haven't received any notice from the PO though... Don't know what to do really, I'll just go at the PO tomorrow.

That's what I hate about shipping out of USA. I shipped a few things there to canada and it took 3 weeks to a month! I always tell my customers to check tracking but sometimes it doesn't update and then that's where hell gets loose. Next time I'll warn them they'll need to wait a month lol.
Anyways sellers should always be prepared to ship something once it's posted for sale, unless you're super busy. If you're busy just let the buyer know I'm sure they'll be understanding. It's better than lying and letting it drag and then getting a bad rep. I usually wait for money to clear, send it to my bank, then use that for shipping costs. I buy everything ahead so there's no headache lol.
Glad it's resolved and everyone can move on!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.