Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D*** IT!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Toyota_guy31783
Well yester day was an upseting day. I now have a good size dent in my rear quarter panel!! My neighbor's coworking backed into my car while he was pulling out of the driveway. I swear, you can be the best driver in the world but that isnt enough to protect your car. Now you need force fields. The cool thing is that Im really cool with my neighbor and he said that his boss will probably pay for the damage. So today im going to toyota to see how much it will cost to get the dents out and a whole new paint job. My neighbor said that i could also drive his SR5 tacoma while my car is in the shop. So its not that bad. Oh yea, the truck that hit my car was a Tow truck cwm13.gif go figure...i'm not letting my wife park in the garage anymore tongue.gif
ScoobyDooCruiser
That bites. At least someone is owning up for it. I had a dent I got in a parking lot that no one claimed. frown.gif which means I get to pay for it, which, knowing my budget, means it stays dented.
LadyHavoc
QUOTE (ScoobyDooCruiser @ Jan 6, 2004 - 10:57 AM)
That bites. At least someone is owning up for it. I had a dent I got in a parking lot that no one claimed. frown.gif which means I get to pay for it, which, knowing my budget, means it stays dented.

Oye...I feel ya - same thing here. My car's been dented for the last year.
yep
A few Saturdays ago, my Driver's side rear quarter panel, bumper, and tail light got scratched up by someone at a Best Buy and the person left. Luckily, someone got down the liscense plate. I found out that the person who hit me goes to my school. He is in two of my classes...
Supersprynt
Whats this probably cr@p...someone backs into ur car they better pay for it!
snadman
QUOTE (LadyHavoc @ Jan 6, 2004 - 11:03 AM)
QUOTE (ScoobyDooCruiser @ Jan 6, 2004 - 10:57 AM)
That bites. At least someone is owning up for it. I had a dent I got in a parking lot that no one claimed.  frown.gif which means I get to pay for it, which, knowing my budget, means it stays dented.

Oye...I feel ya - same thing here. My car's been dented for the last year.

LOL, I was really tired one night backing into my garage and I dented my rear driver's side quarter panel. It chipped off a bunch of paint so I swarmed it with touchup paint...nice sized dent. Damned toolboxes sticking out!!! Oh yeah and my front bumper on the driver's side and driver's side low beam headlight has been broken for about a year now....damned people not looking where they're backing up in the parking lot. We exchanged insurance info, but a week later the guy was deported for being an illegal alien. Dammit! Car is still broken! Oh well, it drives well...and makes me care less if I hit a curb or something.
snadman
QUOTE (yep @ Jan 6, 2004 - 2:20 PM)
A few Saturdays ago, my Driver's side rear quarter panel, bumper, and tail light got scratched up by someone at a Best Buy and the person left. Luckily, someone got down the liscense plate. I found out that the person who hit me goes to my school. He is in two of my classes...

Kick his arse!!!
subsolo_21
I feel for ya man, my passenger rear quarter panel and bumper got smashed a while back when i was rear-ended at a red light. Insurance paid for mine. smile.gif It'll be great if you get a new paint job! Good luck.
snadman
Just think how shiny your car will be. I'm jealous, but my Supra has new paint job so not too jealous lol.
BenMMellor
yeah - i've done a self inflicted dint... was leaving a weekend martial arts course in this woodland retreat, the paths were lined with logs.. reversed up to be a gentleman to let some fine ladies out (who were admiring the car hehe) only to crease the front wing on one of the logs.. worst bit being it was on the thinner area of the front wing.. between the passenger door and the rear edge of the wheel arch..

Luckiliy i have a really good bodyshop (used to do loads of work on my MGB GT) the pulled the dent and resprayed it (had to do the door as well for a colour match) that cost me £240 (think that's about $500...)

pesky logs !!
yep
Well, the person who hit me is going to pay for it so no need to resort to violence. It is just the drivers side rear quarter, bumper, and taillight. Around the wheel is pretty bad but the bumper and tail light aren't too bad. I'm also going to have a rust spot on the rear driver's side roof support fixed. (The part between the side window and rear window.)
Akimbo
When you get a dent or a scratch is there some protectant to apply so it doesn't rust?
Justin
some damn suv jacked up in my schools parking lot left 3 damn quarter sized dents on my drivers side. They were gone already though mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.