Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: celica st205 stock
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
psyxo69
Now calling all celica st205 gtfour owners smile.gif
I have my celica st205 gt four with the hks silent power exhaust. Now i want to make the car stock and take off the skirts and everything. From the time i bought the car it had the hks exhaust so i dont know how the stock celica st205 sounds or drives. I have the stock exhaust too as a spare so i am asking anyone of you that had the stock exhaust before changing it on his opinion on how it sounds. Does it sound louder on low or high revs? or is it silent like all the factory cars nowadays that we see in the roads. I mean can it pass without someone noticing it? or does it have a sweet rally sporty sound but not too loud? smile.gif
Just wanting to make sure that i wont regret it when i take off the hks exhaust smile.gif
dudeofchaos
I never had an aftermarket exhaust on my Gt-Four, it still has the oem exhaust. It has a much lower pitch sound than my St204 on idle. My father told me he can hear me arriving home in my St204 but he doesn't when I'm driving the St205. Though at higher rpms it doesn't sound too loud as it's still an Oem exhaust, but it does sound louder than any other stock car on the road. If you pass someone, he'll surely notice you but it won't disturb him.

I will eventually switch to an aftermarket exhaust, but I wouldn't want it to be much louder than the stock one. But this is just me, I don't like loud exhaust sound.
psyxo69
Thanks dudeofchaos for the reply wink.gif This is what i am thinking. I had the hks and i got bored with the loud noise. Now that i will try to do the car stock again and a 3 way active sq sound system. I will dynamat the car fully but i got bored of that noise at idle when you are at the lights. wink.gif So that why am thinking of putting the stock back but then again i am afraid that i will miss the louder racing sound tongue.gif Damn thats a dilemma biggrin.gif
delusionz
stock exhaust on 3sgte is quiet as hell

even 3" cat-back is still quiet... it just purrs

never heard of anyone complaining of a noisy 3sgte before
Red123
I wouldn't do that.
I had the stock exhaust about 6 months and was pretty quiet. The only sound you hear in a saloon is the sound of BOV biggrin.gif not the exhaust sound. Now I got the HKS exhaust and it's more fun to drive the car than with the old one.
Maybe I got the different taste tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Bladey
Its just like a stock WRX exhaust , not to loud but slightly louder than your normal car on the road.

If you plan on selling your HKS system i'll be really keen buying a exhaust for mine in a week, if you have a BOV or podfilter in you will notice
that they sound a lot louder now that you can't hear your exhaust
psyxo69
Thanks guys for the help wink.gif Appreciated smile.gif

Bladey ill think about it and if i finally decide to take it off within the next days ill inform you mate wink.gif
yellowchinaman
I have both.
Is your HKS A silent one?
Performance wise there is no difference because its only 3" from mid back.
The stock exhaust is very quite and very enjoyable as you'll find you'll rev harder to hear the engine and BOV like said.
However I miss the subtle sporty should of the car so I keep the HKS on.
psyxo69
Hey mate wink.gif
Thanks for the reply.
Yeap i have the hks silent power on the car and the thing is that okay its not too loud. They only thing that annoys me is in the idle and when the rev is low and you feel the sound all over inside the car wink.gif I would want a bit of a rally sound without the annoying low revs sound. That is what i noticed with the hks. I dont know how is the stock exhaust sound as i never heard it before and everybody says it is very very silent. I saw a video like on the top gear and other too were they drove the stock car and i thought it had a sporty sound not too loud but louder than a stock everyday car but also sporty deep sound or maybe it was the engine sound wink.gif hehe
I have the car for everyday and i miss sometimes the silence of the car wink.gif
Now i am in dilemma to change or not wink.gif
And i agree with you performance should not have too much of a difference.
yellowchinaman
I understand about the low deep rumble when idling but I love that smile.gif
Why dont you just swap it over and try. Iy should just be a half hour job.
malecrod
I hope this helps. I don't have hks exhaust. But i have 3" piping all the way through for my swap with Fujitsubo muffler. I too did not like the noise. I make long trips and use car daily, sometimes with wife and daughter with me. So reducing the noise became an obsession. This is what I did for mine:

1. Got a silencer for the tip of your muffler.
2. Dynamat the car entirely(best $300 spent). I took out all seats and body panels including the trunk and dynamat everything possible, including the inside of body sheet metals etc. Big difference!!! First you can hear your music much better and car feels more solid with little if any rattling and much much quieter at highway speeds. You can actually have a normal conversation and not have to feel like you are yelling.
The Dynamat l used is the: Xtreme Dynamat with the 9 sheets or 36 square feet. I needed 2 sets to cover everything.
Oh by the way, l have 2 resonators in my piping to curb the noise too. This just changed the harsh tone of the exhaust.
Hope you find this helpful. GL.
psyxo69
malecrod thanks for the info man wink.gif
It sure helps.
I have in my plans to dynamat the full car so i can put an sq system on it.
I hope this will be enough to reduce the sound.
If not i will swap and put back the stock exhaust smile.gif
Thanks again for the help from all wink.gif
psyxo69
Hey people decided to keep the hks exhaust wink.gif maybe it was the thing that i had the car sitting on the body shop for 3 weeks and forgot the sound but now driving it for 1 week i know that i have missed that sound wink.gif so i am keeping the hks exhaust in the car wink.gif and more mods to come in the future... wink.gif
Red123
QUOTE (psyxo69 @ Aug 29, 2012 - 5:49 AM) *
Hey people decided to keep the hks exhaust wink.gif maybe it was the thing that i had the car sitting on the body shop for 3 weeks and forgot the sound but now driving it for 1 week i know that i have missed that sound wink.gif so i am keeping the hks exhaust in the car wink.gif and more mods to come in the future... wink.gif

nice biggrin.gif
Bladey
Good choice, i put my blitz nur spec R on yesterday, and hks intake, the car just sounds alive its so raw
psyxo69
mmm yeah wink.gif you give life to this animal tongue.gif i like this sound now i am 110% sure smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.