Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought my first Celica...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
aaron4820
Hello, I'm new to these forums. I live in Asheboro, NC and I just bought my first Celica.

THE GOOD

I bought my first Celica. It is a black 94 ST. It runs and drives great with a minor vibration in the steering wheel. It's very minuscule. The interior is immaculate for its age and at 260,000 miles, it was an one owner car.

THE BAD

It is in desperate need of a paint job, but that is a non issue at this time.

My driver side taillight and left side of the rear bumper does not line up. I thought maybe it could be a minor adjustment error, but after removing the trunk liner, it revealed what appears to be a dent. I'm crushed, I don't know if there is anything I can do to get this fixed. I had so many plans for this little car, but I feel like this needs immediate attention because, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. kindasad.gif Any advice?

DRIVER SIDE

^ That's the fitment issue that I mentioned. Am I being too picky? I want my car to look nice after all I want to do with it :x

^ Inside image of the damaged area.

PASSENGER SIDE

^ This side looks normal however.

^ Inside image of the good side to compare.

Edit: After looking at the damaged area again, it looks like the tail light mounting areas and the license plate mounting area is seperate piece and could maybe just be replaced?. I'm a noob at this, but does that seem like the best alternative?

Btw, the rear bumper seems to be a little off on the driver's side as well.

I wish I wasn't so picky sometimes, maybe it's best to resell my celica in hopes of a better find if this proves to be too expensive frown.gif Ugh why didn't I notice this as I was buying it? I suppose I was too excited about it being black and a Celica. kindasad.gif
garin
i mean you could take it to a body shop and see what they have to say. might get costly. good luck!
richee3
Congrats on the purchase!
Tigawoods
congrats! have fun with her!
HectortheRican
Welcome to our humble club!

As for pictures, upload them to photobucket and copy/paste the IMG link to your post so the pictures will show up on the forum instead of having to go to a different link.
aaron4820
Okay, thanks for the feedback guys. I fixed the pictures so they work now. It seems no one really has any advice on this. Would anyone else care if this was their car?

Edit: Oh, and thanks for welcoming me to the club! I hope to own a 6G Celi for a long time smile.gif
Keiri
Welcome to the NC Celica family!

Make sure to stop by the NC Meet thread in the Meets sub-forum. Looks like a nice little ST you picked up!

As for the damage it looks like either some one rear-ended the car and the repair work was subpar OR the passenger side was hit and the repair work was bad. I'd take Garin's advice and have it looked at a nearby bodyshop along with having a Carfaz or Autocheck run on the vehicle to see if any accidents were reported. Good luck and keep us informed!
mkernz22
Just so you know, you have your sides mixed up. The driver's side is the messed up side and the passenger side is not messed up (unless you have a right hand drive car lol)
aaron4820
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Aug 5, 2012 - 11:15 PM) *
Just so you know, you have your sides mixed up. The driver's side is the messed up side and the passenger side is not messed up (unless you have a right hand drive car lol)

Lol your so right. I'll fix that. Omg what was I thinking >.>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.