Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seized Turbo?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
RobStar86
I have a GT-Four WRC and I bought the car just the other day. The previous owner informed me that the car was not building boost, but the turbo spooled fine. I figured the wastegate was stuck open so I thought it could be an easy fix.

I get the car home and start looking into it and it turns out the turbo doesn't spool at all, it's seized up frown.gif

Now I don't have any burning oil, no smoke from the exhaust. The car runs great, idles smooth, drives like it's N/A.

My question, is a seized turbo something I can have rebuilt or will I need to be replacing the wheels and shaft as well?
talen
QUOTE (RobStar86 @ Aug 5, 2012 - 7:42 PM) *
I have a GT-Four WRC and I bought the car just the other day. The previous owner informed me that the car was not building boost, but the turbo spooled fine. I figured the wastegate was stuck open so I thought it could be an easy fix.

I get the car home and start looking into it and it turns out the turbo doesn't spool at all, it's seized up frown.gif

Now I don't have any burning oil, no smoke from the exhaust. The car runs great, idles smooth, drives like it's N/A.

My question, is a seized turbo something I can have rebuilt or will I need to be replacing the wheels and shaft as well?

Best guess the time you spend on fixing it depending on what is wrong with it you would prob be better off just getting a new turbo. That's what I would do.
RobStar86
Yeah, certainly considering it.
Smaay
just replace it. its much easier.
Neon90424
disco potato it
RobStar86
So it was seized and broken frown.gif

I really don't want to deal with the extra expensive of installing something aftermarket. I want the car as stock as possible motor wise so I can keep it as reliable as possible.

I'm wondering if a replacement shaft with wheels can be sourced?
delusionz
do u have a turbo balancer and cnc machine?

lets just say you wouldn't be asking if you were able to rebuild the turbo.

source a working st205 turbo, bolt it on and be done with it.
talen
I strongly agree with delusionz! just get a known working turbo and slap it on.
RobStar86
I've done some searching and finding something around here is becoming a pain. I've sent my turbo out to AZ Turbo in Arizona to have them create a hybrid ct20b/ct26 setup with it. Will let everyone know how it goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.