Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone replaced their pressure plate and clutch with OEM parts?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
MR2turbo4evr
I own a '96 Celica which I imported from Japan last year. It has the 3S-FE engine. I recently pulled the engine to perform all sorts of maintenance on it. The stock clutch wasn't too great anymore, so I decided to get the flywheel resurfaced and replace the clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing. I ordered OEM parts from Conicelli Toyota (great service by the way). I noticed the pressure plate looked slightly different than the original part, however had the correct part number and was the exact same size and fit perfectly. Before I replaced the clutch, the pedal had a nice firm feel to it. After the change, the pedal feels smoother, but a lot lighter than before. I don't think anything is wrong with it, but just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience. I really miss the old clutch feel.....
Special_Edy
QUOTE (MR2turbo4evr @ Aug 16, 2012 - 9:47 PM) *
I own a '96 Celica which I imported from Japan last year. It has the 3S-FE engine. I recently pulled the engine to perform all sorts of maintenance on it. The stock clutch wasn't too great anymore, so I decided to get the flywheel resurfaced and replace the clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing. I ordered OEM parts from Conicelli Toyota (great service by the way). I noticed the pressure plate looked slightly different than the original part, however had the correct part number and was the exact same size and fit perfectly. Before I replaced the clutch, the pedal had a nice firm feel to it. After the change, the pedal feels smoother, but a lot lighter than before. I don't think anything is wrong with it, but just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience. I really miss the old clutch feel.....

Yup they always feel like that when they are new. The clutch isnt glazed and the moving parts are still lubed up. It will take you a while to get used to it but it will be much better when you do.
trdproven
maybe a different answer for another question but sometimes the exact same part number doesn't give you the same product. Our cars are so old they are made differently this time around. I mean i got green OEM brake pads one time and different top mounts than stock. really depends who makes the OEM product for Toyota now, but in your case, or other cases, its either in concept to what edy says and what I've experienced.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.