Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: solara V6 tranny question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
rm2932
I am going to be puting the Solara V6 tranny in my 94 Celica and I wanted to know if anyone on the board has done this on a ST204 and if so what do I do about the axles?

I was thinking fo just using the Alltrac driver side axle and combine the MR-2 center shaft and alltrac outer shaft for the passenger side. Is this Right?

Thanks
Ryan
94 celica w/ 430 FWHP on 93 octane
kuya1284
QUOTE (rm2932 @ Jan 15, 2004 - 12:38 PM)
I am going to be puting the Solara V6 tranny in my 94 Celica and I wanted to know if anyone on the board has done this on a ST204 and if so what do I do about the axles?

I was thinking fo just using the Alltrac driver side axle and combine the MR-2 center shaft and alltrac outer shaft for the passenger side. Is this Right?

Thanks
Ryan
94 celica w/ 430 FWHP on 93 octane

Hey Ryan,

Are you the dude with the badass Red Celica that was running on the stock tranny?? I can't remember if you're the same guy that was on the MR2 boards. If you are the same person, you're car is sick man! So did the GT tranny finally give out? Is this why you're going with the E153?

As for axles, I just used MR2 inner half-shafts and 91 V6 Camry outter shafts.

Tell us more about what happened with your car...

-Ray
rm2932
QUOTE (kuya1284 @ Jan 15, 2004 - 10:47 PM)
Hey Ryan,

Are you the dude with the badass Red Celica that was running on the stock tranny?? I can't remember if you're the same guy that was on the MR2 boards. If you are the same person, you're car is sick man! So did the GT tranny finally give out? Is this why you're going with the E153?

As for axles, I just used MR2 inner half-shafts and 91 V6 Camry outter shafts.

Tell us more about what happened with your car...

-Ray

Yeah that is me. Well the tranny held the power but not the axles. And the synchros didn't like to shift at 9000 rpm so they started to give out also. I am hoping with the dual cone syncros that the E153 has will help with shifting.

Now do you mean MR2 outers as just the joint that slides in the tranny and the Camary V6 axles as for length, outer joint and the spline for the hub? Are those as big as alltrac axles? And did you use the MR2 center shaft for the Passenger side?

Thanks
Ryan

Mage
Ah, are you the same guy who hit over 500 hp ?
kuya1284
MR2 inner half-shafts

user posted image

1991 V6 Camry outter half-shafts

user posted image
rm2932
What year MR2 inners? 89.10-92.12 or 92.1-on

They have a different spline in those years.

Thanks
Ryan
kuya1284
QUOTE (rm2932 @ Jan 16, 2004 - 11:18 AM)
What year MR2 inners? 89.10-92.12 or 92.1-on

They have a different spline in those years.

Thanks
Ryan

94... had to get the new ones with LSD for my setup...
NEVERSTOP
ive been lookin into this tranny also and you have been a buncha help on this in the past kuya.. was wondering how much HP can the e153 handle in stock trim?
also how good are the axles rated for hp wise?

im lookin to be between 400-450 this year and dont wanna shell out the cash for a e153 just so I can bust something smile.gif
kuya1284
QUOTE (NEVERSTOP @ Jan 16, 2004 - 11:31 AM)
ive been lookin into this tranny also and you have been a buncha help on this in the past kuya.. was wondering how much HP can the e153 handle in stock trim?
also how good are the axles rated for hp wise?

im lookin to be between 400-450 this year and dont wanna shell out the cash for a e153 just so I can bust something smile.gif

I've heard up to 600 HP, but I haven't found any solid facts or figures to support this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.