Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new project
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
meirp4
I have a 95 st 5 speed that got into a bad fender bender now I just found a 94 st auto that has a rod broken in 2 so I am going to take out the motor and tranny out of the 95 and put it in the 94 I will post pic of the swap
meirp4
The day I got it

Here is the projects side by side

Got the motor, tranny, wire harnes, auto shifter out

I got more pic I will try to post them tomorrow
kurt95gt
Like the rims
An is that a 1st gen mr2 I spy in the bsckround
Edser
I agree, those are nice wheels. It'll look great when its finished. thumbsup.gif
meirp4
Yup it is a 1g mr2 that is all I have the celicas is my gfs, if any one wants the the rims on the black celica let me know bc we are going to put the silver celica rims on the black celica

I got the motor and tranny out of the silver celica today, will have to send the tranny to a shop to fix the mount (closest to the radiator)

Here are some pic of the old motor

Edser
Ouch! That's gonna slow things a bit. Keep us informed. I am very interested to see how it goes.
meirp4
It's ok I got every thing I need off the silver celica and pushed her out of my shop(barn) and pushed in my blue 1g mr2 and will work on her till the tranny comes back from shop
meirp4
Found 3-4 shards of metal in the oil pan so I pulled the adapter so I can see the other piston, I don't see we're them shards of metal came from. So I am just going to put it all back together and wait for the tranny to come back.
meirp4
Today I put the shifter and the center counsel together, ecu, and wire harnes

Pic of the bottem-end of engine

Now it's putting the cluch pedle and will do that tomorrow
meirp4
Installed the cluch petal

Edit
Do I need to buy pass the brake switch?
meirp4
Can some one till me what is the difrince in the 7a in the geo prizim and the celica other then that adapter on the oil pan
meirp4
Got the tranny back yestorday $60 latter, installed the oil pan back on today going to hook them 2 together tomorrow morning and may install them into the engine bay if I have time befor I get called into work
Smaay
you really need to change that brake pedal. its going to get in the way
njccmd2002

QUOTE (Smaay @ Jan 24, 2013 - 4:04 PM) *
you really need to change that brake pedal. its going to get in the way

yes change the brake petal...

i see you installed a clutch petal too...

QUOTE (meirp4 @ Oct 17, 2012 - 6:35 PM) *
Installed the cluch petal
Edit
Do I need to buy pass the brake switch?
meirp4
Ever thing is pot back together but she will not start 😡 starter not turning
SwissFerdi
Are all of the grounds where they should be? One on the tranny, one on the body, and I think there's a third.
meirp4
Yup
meirp4
I looked at the old car brake petel switch and it had 2 wires going to it but on auto and it had 4 wires do I need to wire nut them 2 together
meirp4
I give up for today

Her is a recap of what did

Used motor, 5 speed tranny, 5 speed wire harnes, 5 speed ecu, and clutch petal and all it's parts into a auto body

I know the starter works bc I shorted it and it run

I really don't want to take the dash off and change the dash harness but if I have to I will
meirp4
Ok going to start removing every thing under the dash 😭😭😡
ricochet1490
it has to be simple. be sure you have all the relays and everything too
meirp4
What relays the auto and standert starter relays are the same and no one seems to know
ricochet1490
http://www.6gc.net/howto/swap_auto_transmission_to_manual
Have you read through this? Might be slightly applicable.
ricochet1490
Before you go tearing into the dash, assume your wiring is right and check little things like clutch start wire. Or jump some questionable connections and test. Or get a multimeter and try to find the problem that way. This electrical crap is simple but very time consuming sometimes. Now is the time to have patience for sure.
meirp4
FYI he is using the auto wire harnes and I am using the standert harnes
meirp4

Found this in the BGB look at we're the park/neutral postition swith gose to the ecu at pin 2 and the clutch start swith gose to the ecu at pin 11

There are 2 park/neutral postition swiths one on the tranny and on on the shifter
ricochet1490
So does this mean you have it fixed?
meirp4
Nop 😭😡😞 every time I get off work it's dark (yes I do have lights) need to geth her runinng I miss driving the celica And i need a 2nd car my Nissan hardbody is about to throw a rod so I need to fix her next
meirp4
Did I every till u all I don't like wiring
meirp4
Will good news today starter turned over the engine 🎉 but then my battery died 😡 so I am done for tonight and battery is on the charger will work on it some more

I swaped the dash with the dash harness and it works
meirp4
Time to put oil in engine and tranny, install axles, install all body parts, and wash her
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.