Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5sfe coil wire?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Jokester
Have a 95 gt 5sfe. Was wondering if anyone know if it have a coil wire for the distributor?

Cause I'm getting NGK spark plug wires (TE44) for it and those come with a coil wire.
czwalga
I had a 95 gt, the coil was built into the distributor, so no wire; my 3sge does have a coil wire. Just look at your distributor you should be able to tell easily.
Jokester
QUOTE (czwalga @ Nov 5, 2012 - 12:59 PM) *
I had a 95 gt, the coil was built into the distributor, so no wire; my 3sge does have a coil wire. Just look at your distributor you should be able to tell easily.

Ahh that what I thought when I looked at it. Thank you!
Special_Edy
I thought the california emissions had a external ignition coil(that is not in the dist) with a seperate coil wire attaching them. Im only 90% sure thats true though, cause I havent seen alot of Cali spec celicas out here.
Smaay
I dont remember seeing an external coil on mine. ill take a look on my engine tonight at the distributor and see if it has a 5th wire for a coil. thats the giveaway.
Xander_X
They changed little things in the 5S back and forth through out the year, hard to say even being Cali Spec. Just look at your dizzy and see if it has only 4 wires coming out or if there's a 5th one coming out of the center and going to a coil that sits above your brake booster. It's really that simple.
rave2n
My 95 has a coil wire.
Jokester
hmm...interesting..
I'm pretty sure mine doesn't, but I'll take a pic and post it up later. Thanks guys!
Special_Edy
Im just aware that Spider77's 94 GT coupe that is cali spec has an external coil with a 5th ignition wire. It caught me off guard when I saw it.
trdproven
Ahhh ok, I was wondering which celicas had the external coil. Good to know. Nice to run a better ignition set up with that option.
Spider77
QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Nov 6, 2012 - 2:51 PM) *
Im just aware that Spider77's 94 GT coupe that is cali spec has an external coil with a 5th ignition wire. It caught me off guard when I saw it.

True, My cali spec (in texas..go figure) has a 5th wire.
Jokester
So...doesn't appear mine has a 5th. Its a Cali spec, I think? confused.gif

Sorry, I don't know how to make the pic smaller =/
Xander_X
Internal coil bud
rave2n

coil wire to ignitor
Jokester
K thank guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.