Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who can do a 3sgte swap?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
mgnt232
First not really sure where to post this, so if its wrong move it.

Ok so I will finally have my 3s in the end of Dec. I would have swapped it myself but I am getting stationed in NC in the middle of Jan.
I need someone thats obviously done a 3s swap before. And has been here for a while. Really a mechanic.
So I have the celi in Albany, NY now and would drop it off where ever the swap is happening (willing to drive like 8 hours maybe more).
Im having the harness done by tweak so thats plug and play. I have the GT mounts, shifter cables, ect. And I'm about to buy the s54 trans as soon as i find out the right clutch package to buy. I have the fuel pump as well.
The engine (7afe) is already out of the celica as well.
I have the money, thats not an issue. And I will draw up some paper work for this. There are some things I know that will need to be made custom thats why i said a mechanic needs to do this. It was in JIMs alltrac (and has been running)
I need to buy the FMIC too, so you will need to know how to do all this.
After the swap is done, it just needs to start run and move. Ill have the exhaust done later (unless you know how). And I will arrange to have it picked up from you.
I realize there is a very small chance someone can do it, but hey if you can PM me and we will see if we can work something out.
Im extraordinarily easy to work with, and time isnt an issue either as I will not be there.
You can email me too if the PM is full
7afecelica@gmail.com
Thanks 6gc
shai
DR.tweakd performance
easternpiro1
Sorry pal, Tweak'd Performance does not do swaps anymore, their business model has changed. I was the last one. They may be able to advise on some things, but due to their workload with harnesses, cant devote time or resources to such a project.

Im in charlotte NC but im no mechanic....
lagos
Talk to presure2. Hes your best bet if he is still into doing this.
Tigawoods
give it to the good ol trusty JDMguys

DAMMIT ART YOU BEAT ME TO IT
Keiri
QUOTE (mgnt232 @ Dec 4, 2012 - 9:11 PM) *
First not really sure where to post this, so if its wrong move it.

Ok so I will finally have my 3s in the end of Dec. I would have swapped it myself but I am getting stationed in NC in the middle of Jan.
I need someone thats obviously done a 3s swap before. And has been here for a while. Really a mechanic.
So I have the celi in Albany, NY now and would drop it off where ever the swap is happening (willing to drive like 8 hours maybe more).
Im having the harness done by tweak so thats plug and play. I have the GT mounts, shifter cables, ect. And I'm about to buy the s54 trans as soon as i find out the right clutch package to buy. I have the fuel pump as well.
The engine (7afe) is already out of the celica as well.
I have the money, thats not an issue. And I will draw up some paper work for this. There are some things I know that will need to be made custom thats why i said a mechanic needs to do this. It was in JIMs alltrac (and has been running)
I need to buy the FMIC too, so you will need to know how to do all this.
After the swap is done, it just needs to start run and move. Ill have the exhaust done later (unless you know how). And I will arrange to have it picked up from you.
I realize there is a very small chance someone can do it, but hey if you can PM me and we will see if we can work something out.
Im extraordinarily easy to work with, and time isnt an issue either as I will not be there.
You can email me too if the PM is full
7afecelica@gmail.com
Thanks 6gc

I'll third the JDMguys recommendation if Manny is still willing to do the swap; if he's not I'd try and talk to Dustin/Stef as they might be able to do it (as they're the other half of JDMguys).

Also, I'm going to guess since you're a Marine that you're being stationed at Camp Lejeune. Let me be the first to say welcome to North Carolina and my hometown!
mgnt232
Thanks everyone.
Ive been talking to Manny about the swap for quite some time, but he doesn't have the time and energy to do it any more (Jims swap has taken alot out of everyone!).
Also talked to Dustin, who hasnt gotten back to me on whether they would be able to do it. Trust me I tried JDM guys first smile.gif
A member messaged me who has done a few swaps, not much on 6gc because he does more alltrac swaps. And ive only seen him on here a few times.
Tecker184
Also on celicatech Click Here
Just wondering if anyone has seen him before, or knows about his swaps (reliability, trustworthiness, ect.) Dont want a huge hassle like dealing with Jim for a year.
Also the offer is still up for anyone.

And I wont be stationed in Lejeune but pretty close in New River because Im aviation. But cant wait to make a NC meet when im all done with this, get to see different 6gc lovers then my north easterns
Keiri
QUOTE (mgnt232 @ Dec 5, 2012 - 7:15 PM) *
Thanks everyone.
Ive been talking to Manny about the swap for quite some time, but he doesn't have the time and energy to do it any more (Jims swap has taken alot out of everyone!).
Also talked to Dustin, who hasnt gotten back to me on whether they would be able to do it. Trust me I tried JDM guys first smile.gif
A member messaged me who has done a few swaps, not much on 6gc because he does more alltrac swaps. And ive only seen him on here a few times.
Tecker184
Also on celicatech Click Here
Just wondering if anyone has seen him before, or knows about his swaps (reliability, trustworthiness, ect.) Dont want a huge hassle like dealing with Jim for a year.
Also the offer is still up for anyone.

And I wont be stationed in Lejeune but pretty close in New River because Im aviation. But cant wait to make a NC meet when im all done with this, get to see different 6gc lovers then my north easterns

Wow, you've covered most of the bases with your research it looks like - I've never heard of Tecker so I can't say much in regards to his abilities.

New River isn't too far - my Dad was stationed there with MWSS-272 back in the day. Are you rotary-wing or fixed wing aviation?

We're looking to have the next NC 6gc meet in Spring last I heard so hopefully your car will be ready by then.
rave2n
Glad you got your engine finally.

Just went off on him the other day.
mgnt232
Theres fixed wing in New River, as far as i know. Its kinda hard to explain what my job is, ive been in over a year and not out of school yet. and hell yeah cant wait for the meets smile.gif
Ill have one of the two celicas either way.
And yeah I tried asking everyone I knew could do it, thats why i posted up. But Trecker seems pretty legit, I've been talking to him a while now. Hes done quite a few swaps so hope for the best i guess lol
thanks everyone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.