Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something I have never seen before
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Smaay
So I'm replacing the engine on an ST, I was told that the engine just shut off with a POOF! well after pulling the engine and taking off the transmission, this is what happened.

yep thats the flywheel! It came off with the transmission. then looking back at the crankshaft i see this!

yep thats all the bolts. they have completely sheared off! I just couldnt believe it! I mean this engine just does not make enough power the hammer the clutch and cause this kind of "crank walk" So as I continue to tear down the engine, I take off the bracket that holds the AC compressor and, low and behold....

looks like a rod came apart and it probably jammed the engine so hard that the forward motion of the car caused the bolts to break off like that. I guess anything is possible.
bigb1970
That does look crazy.i wonder what speed this happened at...
NOVAKx17
DAMNNNNNNN.... well i suppose like you said, anything is possible . but that is pretty insane though
celicakitten
Haha, ummmm you're welcome! I told you nothing I ever have done to a car is "easy" cause there's also something else!

QUOTE (bigb1970 @ Dec 10, 2012 - 10:32 AM) *
That does look crazy.i wonder what speed this happened at...

Between 65-75mph ish (maybe more like 90, but I wasn't driving or there when it blew)
Box
This is where some annoying Honda kids yell "VTEC KICKED IN YO!". laugh.gif Despite it being a Toyota. cwm13.gif
Bitter
Is it bad I knew what I'd see on the side of the engine as soon as I saw the flywheel on the trans? Didn't that engine get rebuilt recently or am I thinking of the wrong person?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.