Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a good price for a 5S?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Syaoran
Here's the engine description:

2000 5S-FE (crank sensor, 2 coils)
50-60K Miles
Head, block and intake manifold included (injectors, fuel rail, throttle body and I believe the exhaust mani as well)

For $856 import costs included (I'm in PR, can't find them locally)
Box
Not sure, but I'd try and find an OBDI 5S to make life easier.
Syaoran
Looking to upgrade, not buy the same thing I have again.

I have a megasquirt controlling my engine, not the stock ECU. So anything that is cable throttle can be in my engine bay, but I want to keep the simplicity of the 5S with some upgrades here and there.
Box
Ahh ok. Could look into V6 swapping. Eh, I suppose $850 imported isn't bad for a newer 5S. I'd have to look around the web to gather what they've been going for.
95CelicaST
Newer 5S blocks are perfect for making a 5SGTE hybrid.
Special_Edy
Buying a wrecked donor for a couple hundred $ and then selling off a few pieces could bring the cost to zero
Fuzzyfo
hey man, if you're looking to find a 5sfe, i'll sell you my gt with the 5sfe for dirt cheap, im moving to bayamon and cant do much with it. tell me what you think.
Smaay
^^^ thats an option
lagos
QUOTE (Syaoran @ Jan 7, 2013 - 12:16 PM) *
Here's the engine description:

2000 5S-FE (crank sensor, 2 coils)
50-60K Miles
Head, block and intake manifold included (injectors, fuel rail, throttle body and I believe the exhaust mani as well)

For $856 import costs included (I'm in PR, can't find them locally)

Thats a good price for a nice motor.
finalate
QUOTE (Fuzzyfo @ Jan 8, 2013 - 9:14 AM) *
hey man, if you're looking to find a 5sfe, i'll sell you my gt with the 5sfe for dirt cheap, im moving to bayamon and cant do much with it. tell me what you think.

how much is dirt cheap ? im looking for a gt as well.
Fuzzyfo
Real cheap. Im moving and want to just get rid of it. Problem is im in puerto rico and ur in california. Probanly eont be dirt cheap for you my friend.
finalate
QUOTE (Fuzzyfo @ Jan 9, 2013 - 3:29 PM) *
Real cheap. Im moving and want to just get rid of it. Problem is im in puerto rico and ur in california. Probanly eont be dirt cheap for you my friend.

Damn I'm sry bud . I didn't know American celis circulate out there . Good luck getting rid of it man . I would have boughten it , what a shame .
Syaoran
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Jan 7, 2013 - 9:46 PM) *

Yes. The only non performance part of the 5S is the head and that is arguable tongue.gif It's one of the reasons I want a 98+

QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Jan 8, 2013 - 9:46 AM) *
Buying a wrecked donor for a couple hundred $ and then selling off a few pieces could bring the cost to zero

Nobody sells them around like in the US. 98+ are pretty rare as is.

QUOTE (Fuzzyfo @ Jan 8, 2013 - 10:14 AM) *

I wanted the 98+ because of a lot of things. If I was just looking for any engine I'd go for it. frown.gif

QUOTE (finalate @ Jan 10, 2013 - 11:05 AM) *

Damn I'm sry bud . I didn't know American celis circulate out there . Good luck getting rid of it man . I would have boughten it , what a shame .

6GCs aren't exactly "american" either....
FrankB2
My wife is from Puerto Rico, and they drive all the same cars we drive in the states. In fact, they have all the same everything we have in the States, except we don't have excellent beaches. biggrin.gif
Syaoran
QUOTE (FrankB2 @ Jan 10, 2013 - 12:55 PM) *
My wife is from Puerto Rico, and they drive all the same cars we drive in the states. In fact, they have all the same everything we have in the States, except we don't have excellent beaches. biggrin.gif

Pretty much haha. We get all the good stuff plus summer weather all year. Cold for us is 70 degrees haha.
soulshadow
1mzfe off a lexus es300 and i can get the whole car for under $500. It should be under $400 if they want more it better be a 3sgte.
Syaoran
QUOTE (soulshadow @ Jan 11, 2013 - 4:42 AM) *
1mzfe off a lexus es300 and i can get the whole car for under $500. It should be under $400 if they want more it better be a 3sgte.

1mz costs over 1000.

3sgte costs over 2200.

Engines have to be shipped overseas plus they have to make something out of it.

It also is a 2000 engine, not 1994.
94XcelicaX

how much is dirt cheap? and does anyone have any alternators for a 5s that are good for sale?
finalate
QUOTE (Syaoran @ Jan 10, 2013 - 10:17 AM) *
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Jan 7, 2013 - 9:46 PM) *

Yes. The only non performance part of the 5S is the head and that is arguable tongue.gif It's one of the reasons I want a 98+

QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Jan 8, 2013 - 9:46 AM) *

Nobody sells them around like in the US. 98+ are pretty rare as is.

I wanted the 98+ because of a lot of things. If I was just looking for any engine I'd go for it. frown.gif

QUOTE (finalate @ Jan 10, 2013 - 11:05 AM) *

6GCs aren't exactly "american" either....

I was referring to the 5s and the 7a. I guess they are always japaneese
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.