Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: air filter
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
barmyhawkins
what is the best make of air filter or induction kit to get
Bladey
Apexi intake is quite good, and bolts right into everything, or if you just want a panel filter i think blitz and trd do one both of which i'd imagine would be very good
UndaGrwnD
I got a Blitz panel filter, works quite well
Tigawoods
AEM Dry Flow filters
garin
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jan 13, 2013 - 7:35 AM) *
AEM Dry Flow filters

X2
Special_Edy
QUOTE (Bladey @ Jan 12, 2013 - 8:10 PM) *
Apexi intake is quite good, and bolts right into everything, or if you just want a panel filter i think blitz and trd do one both of which i'd imagine would be very good

I met a guy with a 2012 Dodge Ram(it was new at the time) who put in an Apexi. The metal name plate(on the filter) got sucked through the air filter and into his throttle body on the freeway. The engine got stuck at WOT and he destroyed the engine and brakes in the process of trying to stop it.

Im just sayin, it happened once.
Bladey
I meant the intake pipe, eg this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/king...090813-1109.jpg

i know it has a HKS mushroom filter i have no idea about the quality of there air filters.

If you want the induction sound without changing the filter remove the resonator box
Box
K&N or AEM would be good. I personally use K&N.
jordisonjr
QUOTE (Special_Edy @ Jan 14, 2013 - 1:04 AM) *
QUOTE (Bladey @ Jan 12, 2013 - 8:10 PM) *

I met a guy with a 2012 Dodge Ram(it was new at the time) who put in an Apexi. The metal name plate(on the filter) got sucked through the air filter and into his throttle body on the freeway. The engine got stuck at WOT and he destroyed the engine and brakes in the process of trying to stop it.

Im just sayin, it happened once.

DAMN!!
I don't think the 6gc will have quite the amount of airflow as a 2012 ram however laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.