Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going too fast....is it bad for the car?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
PlanetFuzz
Whenever I go over 70 I am going like above 4 rpm's....and it's loud...is this bad for the car?? I know it uses gas but what can you guys tell me about this. thanks
Supersprynt
Faster you go the harder ur engine is working, the faster it'll get worn down. But its not like manufacturers dont make to suit.
BigEdge169
4 grand for going 70 seems pretty high to me, mine sits around 3200 or 3300 when I'm going around 70
97sccelica
its better than letting the engine idle.
Kwanza26
I drove on I80 from Sacramento to Denver cruising between 85-90mph during the entire trip... didn't burn a drop of oil, got around 38-40 mpg, and engine still runs great at 150K...

It's no biggie... the old 4AGE's run at about 4.5K rpms at 70mph...
macavely
no there is nothing wrong at with doing 70 mph and 4k rpm it's a hell of a lot better then sitting idle... or being in stop and go traffic
bufferdan
When you are on the highway and the rpms are high its not bad for the car nor does it burn lots of gas. The car isnt under much of a load when cruising on the highway. The engine works hardest accelerating from a stop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.