Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MAP and Injectors question for 7A&5S turbo guys..
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
doGGy
Ok, as long as i already have almost all parts for my Turbo project, i have a lot of questions before i can start it... First question is:

1. What to do with MAP besides check valves...??? Is there anything else besides check valves?? Can i go with GT4 or Supras 2 bar MAP?? I just dont want to use these check valves, cuz they seems not so trusty to my...

2. Injectors... Witch to use?? How about resitance? What resistance do the 7A injectors have?

Thanks guys smile.gif
stelica85
i would love to know what the MAP actually does if someone could fill in the ignorant i would greatly apreciate it.
SpedToe169
The MAP is a Manifold Air Pressure sensor. It tells the ECU what the pressure is in the manifold and from that it calculates the amount of fuel necessary. This is called a Speed Density engine management system. N/A MAP sensors aren't designed to ever see a pressure above atmospheric so whenever they do, they freak out (actually the ECU freaks out because it things the sensor went bad). Thats why you need the check valves. I've heard that the 2bar maps will work, but I think they're a little hard to find. You should be able to find a good quality check valve online somewhere that would work just fine. There really shouldn't be any need to have multiple check valves.
1bwilson
Dont use the supra one it is a 2.2 bar one and will make you run lean. You should be able to pick up a 3sgte MAP for around $40.

I think the turbo probe injectors will work for you also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.