Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EGR vacuum solenoid and part ID
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
d3ath2009
Ok, so when dropping my motor back in after rebuilding it we broke off a piece from the EGR vacuum solenoid. On RockAuto, they only have one that says its for a car with an automatic transmission; mine is a manual. My question is will this vacuum solenoid still work for my car? i want to know before I order it. Autozone has them both and the manual trans one is about $60 more than the auto trans one.

I also have another piece I need ID'ed so I can order a replacement. I believe it is some kind of vacuum based sensor. It is a small blue piece (appears to be under the thermostat housing, but it is not the temp sensor) that screws into place; it should have two vacuum lines coming off of it perpendicular to the main tube, however I only have one right now because the other broke off (who woulda guessed 16 year old plastic to be brittle rolleyes.gif ). I don't have a picture of it right now, but I can post one this weekend.

Car is a 97 with 7afe
mkernz22
You can look up that blue vac sensor piece on any toyota website, the part number is on it. I broke the one on my friend's 1mz while doing a manual swap. Found out it was about $100 brand new...lol got it at the junkyard though.

I don't think the auto or manual matters with the egr. I still have the auto egr stuff on my engine and I converted it to a manual
d3ath2009
Awesome, thanks for the info. The EGR part had me wondering; I didn't wanna spend the money on it just to have to ship it back. As far as the bule vac sensor goes, I can't get to my car till this weekend which is why I was hoping somebody would know what the part name at least was so I can order one. It runs decent without these two things, but I have a little feeling it will run better with these hooked up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.