Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snow White
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
The_enD
Hello my name is Teo and this is my Celica. My focus is on audio and interior/exterior changes. Hope you enjoy.
7a-fe running on LPG, the rims are 16" OZ Superleggeras

I found a suitable hole to run the 0ga through the passengers side firewall. But my battery is on the drivers side. As I knew I will be upgrading my stock wire I decided to avoid running such a thick wire across the engine bay and connect it straight to the alternator. One little thing- the alternator positive bolt was a little bit short for the ring terminals at the same time. Went and bought this "tube" that is threaded on the inside.
Terminal for 0ga, washer, "tube" thingy, 5ga going from alternator + to battery +

Back seats be gone!

Falls floor done with multiple pieces to save on material. Practically zero spend on it.

Carpet

The box - 1.75 cub feet, kerfed port @ 32, 1.5 inch plywood walls

Port painted in white satin

1.75 walls

Bad ass terminals smile.gif

Sub - Sundown Audio SA-12 , Amp SAZ-1500D

The_enD
Each door will have a single 10" Neopro in a ported plywood enclosure tuned to around 60Hz. Adding fiberglass for even more strength.

Plywood

Door inner cover and front baffle for the enclosure.

Flushed driver

Big hole for the enclosure. Door will be covered in suede.

Port

Assembly

The flush weakened the baffle, so I added two pieces at the back of it for strength.

After the glue dries I will cut it out again.

Attention to details. tongue.gif Even tho it won't make a significant difference the piece was rounded over.
This piece is kinda of a brake point for the to separate, so called sections of the enclosure.

And the round over is here

8 clamps and left to dry.

Cut them up to save some space in the front by doing some relocations.

Glued back on

Fiberglassed the original panel to the ported enclosures

Covered some parts of the wood and fiberglass with foam for a softer feel when I cover them up.

Rice tongue.gif

Old and ugly gear ball

New

The_enD
I bought the car with the original steering replaced with a MOMO RACE and decided to keep it. The leather was in bad shape tho so:

Test piece

Before

What happens when your hands are slightly wet -_-

Making holes, no thread in the needle

First piece done

Making a pattern for the more complex shapes

Connection stitch with black thread. It will be will be touched more, and if it was white, after a while it was bound to get dirty.

The finished product of my imagination

Overall I am very please with the result. It took me around 20-24 hours of hand work, measuring, cutting, using the sewing machine, making patterns, failures, stitching.

Used : white and black polyester thread, real leather from some dead animal, scissors, shaving blade, 3 needles, glue.
*optional : patience, good taste, the internet

Malek
Wow! Great job on that steering wheel! thumbsup.gif

I seriously need to do that..*have* some one do that to for me haha
SwissFerdi
Excellent job on that steering wheel, must be rewarding to handle your own craftsmanship daily.
smkr3w
Very nice, on everything!
Liking the sound setup as well.
I thought I had patience with projects but all that detail..
bowdown.gif
Legen-dary
Wow! Yeah that steering wheel looks professional, nice job! Looks like you have a nice setup for woodworking too!
Syaoran
I love seeing different things like this. Keep up the good work!
The_enD
Thanks, all smile.gif

I am currently doing 141.7dB at 35Hz. But there is a competition in a month and I am hoping for a slightly higher result.
And I have an 18 inch subwoofer shipping later this year. biggrin.gif
Lil-Joe101
Awesome build dude
Malek
QUOTE (The_enD @ Apr 13, 2013 - 1:56 AM) *
Thanks, all smile.gif

I am currently doing 141.7dB at 35Hz. But there is a competition in a month and I am hoping for a slightly higher result.

Are you using the small space of the Celica to your advantage?? I'm not too into sub competitions or anything but I've briefly read about people ordering subs to match the dimensions of their car. Volumetrically, their car is the sealed box.

Idk..maybe I'm making all of that up haha I thought it was a cool idea but yeah, keep up the good work thumbsup.gif
The_enD
QUOTE (Lil-Joe101 @ Apr 13, 2013 - 10:41 AM) *
Awesome build dude

Thanks.

QUOTE (Malek @ Apr 13, 2013 - 8:42 PM) *
QUOTE (The_enD @ Apr 13, 2013 - 1:56 AM) *
Thanks, all smile.gif

Are you using the small space of the Celica to your advantage?? I'm not too into sub competitions or anything but I've briefly read about people ordering subs to match the dimensions of their car. Volumetrically, their car is the sealed box.

Idk..maybe I'm making all of that up haha I thought it was a cool idea but yeah, keep up the good work thumbsup.gif

Nah, I am not that fancy, it's just my daily with a loud system in it. smile.gif
But a hatch works good for my purpose.
When the 18 comes tho I have a plan on walling it - basically you put a wall behind(one of the six of the box) you and mount the driver and port on it. Will be nuts.
The_enD
It's the small things. smile.gif

Headliner bulbs changed to LED SMD's

I had a 1 meter/60 LED's strip which I cut from. Soldered and used the 3M tape on the back to attach to the inside. It was a bit time consuming, but I decided to not waste my time looking for bulbs and save some money. Under $1 upgrade.

This was shot in complete darkness with no flash, the LEDs are the only light source.

Next thing I did was use the same LED strip and do my license plate light.

And even more lights. This is a Ultraviolet neon. You can hardy see it at day and night, but add some white to it and the effect is there. Cool with white shoes or laces.
The_enD
Teaser on what I've been working on.

JoshuaM

Interesting concept with the chairs... I haven't seen it don't like that before; can't wait to see how it turns out smile.gif

I love your work on the steering wheel too; looks plush biggrin.gif
SwissFerdi
That's a great idea, Aston Martin did it, I believe.
The_enD
Thanks guys.
I've got quite a few interior ideas from Lamborghini.
The_enD
Couldn't resist posting my unfinished project smile.gif

How would you guys like a white Toyota emblem on that headrest? smile.gif
TRock303
Some seriously nice work on the wheel man, impressive door setup as well. Patience is a virtue!
The_enD
Patience is a virtue!

Hey, that's my moto! smile.gif
Thanks, man.

One seat is mounted, minor things I have to touch up, but apart from that it's ready.
Pics soon.
cheela
love the steering wheel and the seats are looking so unique and cool.
I'm not much for sound and don't know much but what you're doing is right on the money too. thumbsup.gif
The_enD
Thanks, cheela.

Promised pictures

Drag style biggrin.gif , no back seat and seat belts, no passenger seat, no cards on both doors, no spare.

Stock vs Custom

Legen-dary
Really love the pattern and material that you did for the seat cover, it looks great! Personally I would have kept the separated headrest but that's really just a matter of opinion. Is there a reason that the material looks "looser" than the factory seat? Did you reuse the metal bars from the factory cover and stitch them into the underside of your covers and staple them back to the foam?
The_enD
QUOTE (Legen-dary @ May 9, 2013 - 4:41 PM) *
Really love the pattern and material that you did for the seat cover, it looks great! Personally I would have kept the separated headrest but that's really just a matter of opinion. Is there a reason that the material looks "looser" than the factory seat? Did you reuse the metal bars from the factory cover and stitch them into the underside of your covers and staple them back to the foam?

Thanks.
Yes indeed it is loose in some places. I used the original metal straps, but my cover was just not perfect replica of the old one and add to that a new headrest there were some imperfections. I may end up redoing in the future. I'll make sure I take more time with the driver's seat, but in the end it's my first time doing anything like this and I lack experience as a tailor.
Legen-dary
QUOTE (The_enD @ May 9, 2013 - 7:11 AM) *
QUOTE (Legen-dary @ May 9, 2013 - 4:41 PM) *

Thanks.
Yes indeed it is loose in some places. I used the original metal straps, but my cover was just not perfect replica of the old one and add to that a new headrest there were some imperfections. I may end up redoing in the future. I'll make sure I take more time with the driver's seat, but in the end it's my first time doing anything like this and I lack experience as a tailor.

Certainly you're very talented and for just taking on these tasks you're doing a fantastic job. I'm sure you're learning more as you go along and it will just keep getting better and better! smile.gif
The_enD
Аppreciate the words. I certainly am learning some stuff and want to make it into a profession one day. What a better way than my own car. smile.gif
The_enD
Finally :

Some minor things to be touched up, but this gives you an idea how it will look. The material is the same as the seats, kinda feels like suede.
Port will be painted black, a grill will be made. One more door to go...5 days to competition!
travisxcore
I think this is some of the best interior craftsman ship I've ever seen, that is crazy cool dude. Keep up the good work and good luck!
rentaspace
I wish I was half as talented as you are with craftsmanship... Your work makes my craftsmanship look like a 2 year olds HAHAHAA
Amazing job dude smile.gif Keep it up
The_enD
Thanks, fellas.
The_enD
More pictures of the doors:

Wires that go on the in and outside of the doors for speaker connection.

Soldered

Heat-shrink

SwissFerdi
A bit bulky for my taste, but must sound proper. The seat design is fantastic.
The_enD
Shift boot cover. It was bare wood for a while, but is now the same as the doors.

Random from after party at a SPL competition

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ May 23, 2013 - 2:22 PM) *
A bit bulky for my taste, but must sound proper. The seat design is fantastic.

It's a great armrest. smile.gif
Bulky, but no other way to make the doors ported.
playr158
Wow, you've achieved quite some work here.
I think its really interesting that your car runs on LPG! can you give more information about how you converted the car to LPG?

nice work on all you've done.
The_enD
QUOTE (playr158 @ May 28, 2013 - 11:01 PM) *
Wow, you've achieved quite some work here.
I think its really interesting that your car runs on LPG! can you give more information about how you converted the car to LPG?

nice work on all you've done.

Thanks.
It's quite common here for cars to have LPG. Big % of gas stations provide it alongside with gas and diesel.
I'm not that informed on the topic ,but basically you have a tank for the LPG and an evaporator that makes it appropriate for combustion.
LPG is 2.34 times cheaper than A98, so that is the main reason for using it. I am paying $6-7 per 100km which is quite good for Europe.
The_enD
Several weeks ago after a good wash the last thing I wanted was to hit a wall while backing up. Well it happen and things snowballed from there.

The damage was much worse, but this is after some hammering.

Before I start shaving

After a few days of welding, putty, sanding and paint this is what I ended up with.
Gas tank cover gone

Shaved the emblem and third brake light.

Damage and LPG cover are gone

Washer and wiper blade gone too.

If you see some color difference, well the paint is 16y old, and I am going from gloss to matte white.

Blacked out my tails

Nice and glossy

There used to be a gas tank cover and 3 damaged places, used to smile.gif

Thinking about painting the middle/license panel black too for a long line of darkness.

Photo was taken with no flash, stop light test for visibility.

Blinkers too. You can see it pretty good considering how black they are.

I also rolled my fenders while I was at it. smile.gif
The_enD
So, things I shaved : gas tank cover, wiper blade, washer, all emblems in the back, third brake light, LPG cover.
Things to shave : door handles, front fender blinkers, front windshield washers, hood spoiler.
richee3
Well done. thumbsup.gif
The_enD
QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 17, 2013 - 12:44 AM) *
Well done. thumbsup.gif

Thanks. smile.gif

Here's some more I found on another camera showing the gas filler relocation.

The_enD
A small (99 photos) photoshoot I did tonight. Only 9 survived the cut.

White Adidas + UV light

The_enD
Recently I decided to put blinkers in my side mirrors. I think it will look great and make the car appear a bit more up to date, so to speak.
Just a teaser with a random piece of plexi put in place.

The_enD
smkr3w
Nice! You and I have similar tastes.. ^That is something I've wanted to do that for awhile now. thumbsup.gif
The_enD
QUOTE (smkr3w @ Jul 15, 2013 - 1:10 AM) *
Nice! You and I have similar tastes.. ^That is something I've wanted to do that for awhile now. thumbsup.gif

Thanks, man. I'll be buying LEDs tomorrow and hopefully have finished pictures soon.
fatherof4
Looks great! would like to see a night pic.
rentaspace
QUOTE (The_enD @ Jul 14, 2013 - 6:18 PM) *

Thanks, man. I'll be buying LEDs tomorrow and hopefully have finished pictures soon.

That looks so good... Want to make me a set if they work out well tongue.gif

haha Good job man... You really are a jack of all trades here smile.gif
JoshuaM

Bring on the pics when its working - great job for actually following through!!! smile.gif
The_enD
QUOTE (rentaspace @ Jul 15, 2013 - 4:50 AM) *

I have actually thought about selling sets, if the turn out good. The only problem I see is supplying the mirror casing. I'll have to scour the junkyards.
rentaspace
QUOTE (The_enD @ Jul 15, 2013 - 6:19 AM) *
QUOTE (rentaspace @ Jul 15, 2013 - 4:50 AM) *

I have actually thought about selling sets, if the turn out good. The only problem I see is supplying the mirror casing. I'll have to scour the junkyards.

I'd be in for a set biggrin.gif (Unless they are like $500 haha)
SwissFerdi
I don't expect The_enD to post today, he should be out doing high-speed runs. wink.gif

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=152021
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.