Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Find
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
smkr3w
I was trolling ebay for goodies and found THIS. The rear end pic with middle post delete and black top roof, looks familiar.....

Past member QuintinGT: which some may remember for some incredible mods, like single windshield wiper and gad tank filler/tail light mod

..and with all his hard work he sold it.. i believe for a VW rolleyes.gif

I looked through the sellers items and found some more pics frown.gif
CLICKY

Too bad whoever bought it couldn't save it.

Anyone want some cheap jdm's? (may have to mod the driver side taillight back to normal)
njccmd2002
I remember that car wish I knew how he did the wiper
richee3
It's sad to see a car like that meet its demise and be sold off as various parts through Ebay. Or the Yelli Celi that keeps popping up in worse shape on Craigslist.
cheela
QUOTE (richee3 @ May 31, 2013 - 8:35 AM) *
It's sad to see a car like that meet its demise and be sold off as various parts through Ebay. Or the Yelli Celi that keeps popping up in worse shape on Craigslist.

I don't even wanna know what the yelli celi looks like now.....
VieT9sD
It's cause all the fast & furious movies inspiring kids to drive fast and recklessly... lol
Box
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked that car... Le sigh, why couldn't it have been a Civic to meet such a fate instead?
The_enD
Dang, that was like, one of my favorite Celicas on here, so clean.
ILoveMySilly97
Dang he deleted everything. Even the door handles and gas tank door. Weird but something different and unique.
rentaspace
After looking at the original and what it is now... I am sad frown.gif
95CelicaST
QUOTE (cheela @ May 31, 2013 - 6:40 AM) *
QUOTE (richee3 @ May 31, 2013 - 8:35 AM) *

I don't even wanna know what the yelli celi looks like now.....

Last time I saw the Yelli Celi it needed more work to bring it back than it was worth. Would have been cheaper to just start over. Motor was on its last leg. The rings were shot, paint was faded, kit was destroyed, driver side window busted out and stereo ripped out, Autozone steering wheel, rashed and bent wheels. Fenders and bumpers weren't lined up.

He was telling me how the swap went, and all of the time and money he had into it. I let him talk it up for 10 - 15 minutes until I cut in and told him I was a previous owner and I knew he had done none of the work. He looked down and stopped talking.

I told him I would have offered him $1000, but I thought it would have been too good of a deal for him. He returned asking for $1300 (was originally asking $3000 or $3500). I told him no way. It was too bad. I miss that car.
The_enD
Where can I read about what happened to "Yelli Celi" ?
cheela
QUOTE (The_enD @ Jun 3, 2013 - 12:56 PM) *
Where can I read about what happened to "Yelli Celi" ?

just search "yelli celi" on here.
The_enD
I did, seems like it went through several owners.
Yet to find what has happened to her in the end.
cheela
yeah, i don't think the latest owner(s) care to come on here or else it would be in better shape. sad cuz it was such an inspiration to alot of members on here.
undasighted
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Jun 3, 2013 - 5:41 AM) *
Last time I saw the Yelli Celi it needed more work to bring it back than it was worth.

If you guys are all talking about the beautifully done tucked yelli celi with the 4age in it this makes me super sad. I remember when he first listed it after the tuck thinking how good of a price he was asking for what it was and trying to get the money together but being too late. Poor thing.

I haven't been on 6gc in a long time. I think his name was coomer. He was the site owner right?
kurt95gt
You would be thinking of the right car

QuintinGT
QUOTE (smkr3w @ May 31, 2013 - 7:57 AM) *
I was trolling ebay for goodies and found THIS. The rear end pic with middle post delete and black top roof, looks familiar.....

Past member QuintinGT: which some may remember for some incredible mods, like single windshield wiper and gad tank filler/tail light mod

CLICKY

Anyone want some cheap jdm's? (may have to mod the driver side taillight back to normal)

Bummer! It was a sad day for me yesterday when I read this. I called the wrecking yard but I'm a few months too late, lol. Oh well. Thanks again for all the props. It was a fun project.
njccmd2002
QUOTE (QuintinGT @ Jan 8, 2014 - 8:30 AM) *

CLICKY

Bummer! It was a sad day for me yesterday when I read this. I called the wrecking yard but I'm a few months too late, lol. Oh well. Thanks again for all the props. It was a fun project.

you are back, let us know how you did the single wiper deal
QuintinGT
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jan 8, 2014 - 11:31 AM) *
QUOTE (QuintinGT @ Jan 8, 2014 - 8:30 AM) *

CLICKY

you are back, let us know how you did the single wiper deal

Lol I knew this was coming, sorry I made you wait several years. I will look back through my old pictures and see what I can find. I can tell you it involved welding up the existing hole in the linkage arm attached to the middle wiper and re-drilling the hole closer to the pivot to make the arm effectively shorter. creating more rotation with the same stroke from the wiper motor. It also involved lots of trial and error to get it just right.
njccmd2002
yay, thanks man...... i can weld!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.