Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gearbox swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
stickerbombd
hi everyone, i was just wondering if anyone has put a bzr 6speed lsd gearbox into a 7afe celica was wondering if shafts need to be changed ect ???
njccmd2002
a bzr? like a RWD BRZ tranny?
Tigawoods
No
Smaay
nics
Nobody has the time and resources to do that at the moment.
stickerbombd
i was thinking of doing a swap out of a 96 levin black top fwd i have a full donor car im already doing the 7age engine rebuild just wondering can i put the 6 speed on ???
Tigawoods
maybe a 6 speed from FWD car. Not a RWD car
mi645
Corolla bzr 4age silver top 20 valve 6 speed is front wheel drive. He's not talking about Subaru brz or scion frs or ft86 he's talking about the fwd crololla also goes by ae111 or ae101 depending on which gen but they r both fwd
Syaoran
I think y'all just made yourself look bad... he was really asking about a FWD transmission. Read it again.

QUOTE (stickerbombd @ Jun 10, 2013 - 11:48 PM) *
bzr 6speed lsd gearbox into a 7afe celica was wondering if shafts need to be changed ect ???

We all know a RWD transmission doesn't have an LSD in it, nor does it use "shafts". He knew he was asking about a FWD transmission, not about the BR-Z transmission... lol
Syaoran
Double Post...
njccmd2002
actually the rwd drive shafts come in one or two pieces.. joined together but yeah, we done messed up, i guess i stirred up the crowd.
Syaoran
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jun 13, 2013 - 12:17 AM) *
actually the rwd drive shafts come in one or two pieces.. joined together but yeah, we done messed up, i guess i stirred up the crowd.

He was clearly referring to half-shafts, AKA Axles. The transmission doesn't use or have any axles attached to it, that's the differential. A little reading comprehension done on my part only.
njccmd2002
which transmission does not have a shaft attached to it, because both do.... one uses half shafts AKA axles... and the other uses a drive shaft AKA "cardan" "propeller" etc, etc, etc../

Box
Now to make some joke about having a shaft in the rear, and shafts in the sides. tongue.gif
Syaoran
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jun 13, 2013 - 12:27 AM) *
which transmission does not have a shaft attached to it, because both do.... one uses half shafts AKA axles... and the other uses a drive shaft AKA "cardan" "propeller" etc, etc, etc../

Like I said, he was clearly referring to the axles, which a RWD transmission doesn't have. It only has a cardan like you said.
Box
And ducks say quack, can we move on please?
Tigawoods
6GC = DYSLEXIA

we apologize haha
cheela
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jun 13, 2013 - 6:26 AM) *
6GC = DYSLEXIA

we apologize haha

This says it all.

I lol'd so much reading through this. laugh.gif
Syaoran
QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 13, 2013 - 10:01 AM) *
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jun 13, 2013 - 6:26 AM) *
6GC = DYSLEXIA

we apologize haha

This says it all.

I lol'd so much reading through this. laugh.gif

indeed lol
BonzaiCelica
Since people think 6gc look like supras they think hmm they must share same chassis but all toyota did was decide to make the supra a fwd and rebrand it as a celica. So im sure lots of parts are interchange able.

Thats their thoughts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.