Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wow!finally found a forum for 6g celicas!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
jakester136
so glad to see this forum exists! hello everyone! Names jake from Indiana.

I have a 94 GT Hatch auto ----workhorse 480,XXX miles and 168 mile daily commute! still going strong.

SwissFerdi
Welcome. That is the highest mileage I've heard of. Best of luck.
jakester136
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Jul 30, 2013 - 8:46 AM) *
Welcome. That is the highest mileage I've heard of. Best of luck.

Thank You! it is a lot of miles but adds up quickly at a 1200 miles per week pace!
SwissFerdi
A good friend of mine had his '94 GT to 390,000 or so, I didn't think I'd see that beat. Something about that year which refuses to die. Nice job on using the car. thumbsup.gif
jakester136
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Jul 30, 2013 - 9:03 AM) *
A good friend of mine had his '94 GT to 390,000 or so, I didn't think I'd see that beat. Something about that year which refuses to die. Nice job on using the car. thumbsup.gif

my wife and I have had 2 1994's and one 95 vert. both all of them were above 250,000 when they were totaled by deer except this one. I have hit two deer with it but still alive.
cheela
wow. Keep on going! I'm just barely over 200k and still drives perfect! hope to double that as well. smile.gif
richee3
Welcome! Be sure to post pictures. Which part of Indiana are you from?
jakester136
QUOTE (richee3 @ Jul 30, 2013 - 11:18 AM) *
Welcome! Be sure to post pictures. Which part of Indiana are you from?

Brazil about an hour SW of indy. I commute to the east side of indy everyday.

I would post pics but the car is nothing to look at, all beat up from deer, also hit on drivers side by a blind woman, backed into on passenger side, ductape and 1 of the 17" wheels doesn't match from a pothole. she's a little rough to look at and almost 1/2 million miles driving starting on a rural gravel country road and passing through the city everyday has taken its toll......but underneath shes in near perfect mechanical shape and all of the a/c and electric stuff still works even the power mirrors haha
Tigawoods
QUOTE (jakester136 @ Jul 30, 2013 - 11:40 AM) *
also hit on drivers side by a blind woman

I am interested in this story. Was the blind woman driving? Did she hit it with her walking stick? Did she walk into the car?
jakester136
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jul 30, 2013 - 1:41 PM) *
QUOTE (jakester136 @ Jul 30, 2013 - 11:40 AM) *
also hit on drivers side by a blind woman

I am interested in this story. Was the blind woman driving? Did she hit it with her walking stick? Did she walk into the car?

she said she wasn't wearing her glasses 0_O
Box
Welcome! We'll have to throw a party once it hits 500,000.
jakester136
QUOTE (Box @ Jul 30, 2013 - 3:49 PM) *
Welcome! We'll have to throw a party once it hits 500,000.

probably get to 499,999 and blow smile.gif ...nah I have faith in her, I should be there in about 3.5-4 months
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.