6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
CrossCudi
so i pulled this up from 2007' i know prolly
alot more swaps has been done since.

QUOTE (My2Celi @ Jun 4, 2007 - 12:25 AM) *
My input would be

You need:
Motor: 3vzfe, 4vzfe, 5vzfe, 1mzfe, 3mzfe
Transmission: V6 Camry, V6 Solora, Turbo Mr2, ES300 (E153 or auto)
Motor mounts: altrac mounts on all side except for front GT motor mount ill work, passenger side will need to have an adapter plate
ECU: best to use a Camry, Solara, or ES300 ECU or use a EMS
Engine harness
Misc: Custom Y pipe as said already on the thread, metal HG for 3vz users,
Axle: ??? <-- havent got there yet.

I know i'm missing more stuff but I will keep updated with my project.

i am interested in the 1mz, and i have an ST.

so i will need, the 1mz * which year and from which car is my best option, e153 from any GT 6gc ?, motor mounts ?? a little lost with this one, v6 camry ECU, axle...????

my current motor is shot i need a swap ASAP, i must get to this RI meet... kindasad.gif

i dont wanna show up in my scion .. thumbsdown.gif
Box
You'll want a pre drive by wire model, so around 2003 or earlier. Can source them from a Camry/Solara, ES300, Sienna, or Avalon. The real joy comes in finding a manual Camry/Solara, which they have the E153 along with the ECU set for a manual. The 6GC GT has the S54, which could also be used. Being it's a ST you'll need the trans mount and front engine mount at least. I can't remember which axles were used, but I want to say one of them was from a MR2? Don't hold me to that one. The best thing to do would be to find a Camry/Solara with the V6 and E153 that's been wrecked and use it as a donor.
95CelicaST
There are a few swap/build threads on this site regarding the 1MZ/3MZ motor. I think you will find all of the needed information within those threads.
CrossCudi
QUOTE (Box @ Aug 13, 2013 - 2:30 PM) *
You'll want a pre drive by wire model, so around 2003 or earlier. Can source them from a Camry/Solara, ES300, Sienna, or Avalon. The real joy comes in finding a manual Camry/Solara, which they have the E153 along with the ECU set for a manual. The 6GC GT has the S54, which could also be used. Being it's a ST you'll need the trans mount and front engine mount at least. I can't remember which axles were used, but I want to say one of them was from a MR2? Don't hold me to that one. The best thing to do would be to find a Camry/Solara with the V6 and E153 that's been wrecked and use it as a donor.

Thanks alot for the helpful info ! smile.gif

QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Aug 13, 2013 - 3:48 PM) *
There are a few swap/build threads on this site regarding the 1MZ/3MZ motor. I think you will find all of the needed information within those threads.

Searched already !!
kurt95gt
You must not of searched too hard my swap is on the first page of my projects an has 1mz right in the name lol
Do you have emissions to worry about??
Smaay
My swap thread is right below Kurts. both our threads have all the information you need.

If you use S54 trans, use MR2 non turbo axles.

if you use E153, you need a hybrid axle, MR2 Turbo inners and ST185 outters
CrossCudi
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Aug 13, 2013 - 5:52 PM) *
You must not of searched too hard my swap is on the first page of my projects an has 1mz right in the name lol
Do you have emissions to worry about??

Thanks, no I don't need to worry about emissions..

QUOTE (Smaay @ Aug 13, 2013 - 6:38 PM) *
My swap thread is right below Kurts. both our threads have all the information you need.

If you use S54 trans, use MR2 non turbo axles.

if you use E153, you need a hybrid axle, MR2 Turbo inners and ST185 outters

ok, sounds good.

sorry but I did a lot of research, trust me I have read both of u guys threads over n over,
but buying parts you wont need is a bad waste, so sorry for asking question we have already answers for on here.

Appreciate the help guys thumbsup.gif
CrossCudi
will a manual trans from a solara on a 2azfe work ?
kurt95gt
OK you gonna want to get a 97+ 1mz
A 94-96 1mz lower intake with the injectors an fuel rail
A 97 Camry ecu (gotta dig up the part number)
You can use a s54 or a e153 tran those are the only fwd options

I used stock celica gt axles
CrossCudi
are the gt axels an option for the ST ?
Smaay
QUOTE (CrossCudi @ Aug 13, 2013 - 5:18 PM) *
will a manual trans from a solara on a 2azfe work ?

no different bolt patttern

QUOTE (CrossCudi @ Aug 13, 2013 - 5:50 PM) *
are the gt axels an option for the ST ?

not sure what you are asking here
kurt95gt
Your going to need the front rear an drivers side stock motor mounts for a gt if you want to run a s54 an yes the gt axles will fit the st
CrossCudi
wow this is soooo much easier for someone with a GT ...
kurt95gt
Yep
Box
Just find a GT with a blown engine and go from there. Drive the ST until the GT is done, then you can swap anything you'd like to keep over and sell the ST.
Smaay
unfortunately Amy's car got smashed. It was an ST and I was about to do a V6 swap on it. I was going to Produce an Engine mount kit with all 4 engine mounts. No drilling required.
mkernz22
Also, find a 1mz-fe ecu from a 1997 Camry. You can actually swap it between Auto or Manual so that you don't have to deal with the engine codes.

Source:
http://www.mr2.com/forums/v6-owners-group/...p-progress.html

"There are no A/T solenoid codes to deal with IF you use a 1997 Camry 1MZ ECU. There's an adjustment ground built into the Camry ECUs that allow it to be changed from A/T to M/T, and vice-versa. The ground is not present in Avalon, Sienna, etc. ECUs."
Box
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Aug 14, 2013 - 5:48 PM) *
Also, find a 1mz-fe ecu from a 1997 Camry. You can actually swap it between Auto or Manual so that you don't have to deal with the engine codes.

Source:
http://www.mr2.com/forums/v6-owners-group/...p-progress.html

"There are no A/T solenoid codes to deal with IF you use a 1997 Camry 1MZ ECU. There's an adjustment ground built into the Camry ECUs that allow it to be changed from A/T to M/T, and vice-versa. The ground is not present in Avalon, Sienna, etc. ECUs."

That's good to know, and makes life a lot easier. Hell, if you have the GT finding a smashed up 97 Camry shouldn't be too hard.
Smaay
and get one with no immobilizer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.